February 03, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I've got lots to do today, but I don't want to forget to take time to be thankful for what I have.  These are the things I'm glad are in my life today...

  • Facebook.  Yeah, I know, a lot's been said about it, good and bad, but for me it's a good thing.  FB allows me to interact daily with family and friends I'd otherwise probably only see once or twice a year.  If that.  It's also reconnected me with a lot of the kids who used to be in the youth group I led.
  • Sunshine!  Yes, it is actually sunny here in southwestern Pennsylvania.  Can you believe it?  It's not warm.  It's not even close.  But the sun is shining.
  • The malfunction with Tim's truck last night was a minor one, not the "big one" that puts it on life support.  We're hoping to keep it going at least till summer.
  • Leftover turkey noodle soup.  M-mmm....good lunch stuff on a cold day.
  • Joe the mechanic at work and his handy-dandy salt spreader who blanketed the parking lot this morning. I've fallen on the ice in the lot at least once each winter since I've been there.  I'm just a wee bit paranoid about it now, so all that lovely salt and black cinder makes me smile.
  • And lastly.....having the money to pay the bills I must now go take care of.
Have a great Thursday and find something to be thankful for! 

If you are among those digging out from the "storm of the century" I hope all is well with you and those you love.  Keep warm and take care.

3 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Wonderful list! I miss making mine, but a fast is a fast.

I'm glad you're able to stay on your feet. Tell Joe someone in IL thanks him too.

Amy said...

I'm so with you on FB. Love it. It's a time suck, yes. But it's allowed me to have a relationship with family and friends I wouldn't otherwise get to see or talk to.

Still cold and icy here, but the sun was out all day which kept the kids outside playing on the ice rink formerly known as the back yard.

quilly said...

Facebook -- I've had my account for several years, but pretty much ignored it until a few months ago. Now that most of my family isd on there and a lot of my high school friends, I enjoy it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...