April 29, 2011

Song Challenge: If I Were the King of the World

Day29:  A song from your childhood.  During the early 70s, my parents used one babysitter exclusively.  Her name was Jeannie and I thought she was the bomb!  She was in high school and dated a guy named Dave (I mention Dave because he was usually there, too, when Jeannie babysat).  They looked just like the kids I saw on television.  Totally groovy, ya know?  Jeannie and Dave were really into Three Dog Night so of course I heard a lot of their music....totally different from the Big Band and Country I heard at home.  I loved it.





day 30 – your favorite song at this time last year

4 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

My favorite of theirs is "Out In the Country." I guess I've always been a greener wannabe.

Stacy said...

I spent my childhood on Game Commission farms and a wildlife preserve....I lived green. I'd like to live on a farm, but green just isn't my fantasy.

quilly said...

You were baby-sat during the 70s and I was a babysitter! I was forbidden (by my own parents) to invite my friends -- especially boys -- to join me at "work". I did often take my music though -- including Three Dog Night.

Stacy said...

Maybe it's just my child's perspective but Jeannie and Dave were more mature than I see teens today. They got married right after she graduated and are still together. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...