July 24, 2011

BOOO-OOORRRR-ED!

Blame it on the ADD or whatever, but much like the kids I have a low boredom threshold.  Most days I do okay because I like reading or getting on the computer enough to keep myself occupied and at least slightly amused.  Other days, like today, nothing holds my interest and I feel restless, antsy, and unsettled....like I should be doing something important but I can't even find something stupid to do.

Megan isn't any help....she is sending status updates to Facebook about her own levels of boredom.  And Tim?  Forget that.  He is still not bounced back from the kidney stone business (the stint doesn't come out till Thursday) and anyway....it's a Sunday so he is belly-up across our bed snoring and grumbling like a magnitude 6 earthquake watching a movie with his eyes shut.

So, how bored am I?

I'm as bored as Michael Vick at a PETA convention.

I'm so bored folding laundry is beginning to sound fun.

I'm so bored I put socks on the dog's feet just to watch him forget how to walk.

I'm so bored I'm watching Jello gel.

I'm so bored I made popcorn and went outside to watch the grass grow. (Not really.  It's waaaaay too hot.)

I'm so bored I drew crossed eyes and moustaches on everyone in the Sunday paper.

I'm so bored I'm on a spinny chair.....now you see me.....now you don't......now you see me.....now you don't.....

I'm so bored I alphabetized the refrigerator magnets.

I'm so bored I checked my MySpace profile.  Talk about a no-man's land.  Sheesh....I expected to see tumbleweeds blow by.

I'm as bored as a bald man's hairdryer.

I'm so bored I'm thinking up ways to say how bored I am.

I guess I have to get over it, though.  We promised to go visit my classmate "P", whom I mentioned in yesterday's post and he's asked me to bring him a big plate of fried zucchini.  Somebody has to fry it.  And somebody has to figure out the new deep fryer first.  And somebody has an hour to get it done.

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I love some fried zucchini with ranch dressing. I tried some fried pickles a week or so ago. NOT! Some things just do not need to be fried.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Too many magnets!

I will post this week what Brad and I did to combat boredom today. You would have liked it, but it's not the plan we held originally!

Stacy said...

Coffeypot...Fried pickles...bad. Fried greenbeans...good! By the way, "P" declared me the "undisputed queen of fried squish" on Facebook. ;)

Ellie...I do have too many magnets but they hold up the too many papers. :P I am waiting on pins and needles to hear how to beat boredom.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Too bad we don't live closer! I have days like that all the time. Unfortunately that's usually when I'm at work so even when I can think of something to do (like mop the kitchen floor) ... I can't go do it! :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...