September 01, 2011

My Big Fat Labor Day Weekend


I don't know how in the world she had time to come up with a Top Ten challenge, what with her blog getting hacked this week and having to pretty much build it back from scratch, but Beth is asking us to list the top ten things we want to do this weekend.  Her list is ambitious and exhausting.  Mine, not so much.

Here, beginning with tomorrow morning, is my list of 10 things to do this three-day holiday weekend.

  1. Get a Brazilian Blow Out Friday morning.  I have thick, poodle-curly hair that everyone who doesn't have curly hair envies greatly.  I, who am stuck with said poodle hair, hate it.  Always have.  Probably always will.  My stylist talked me into the blow out tonight when I went for a trim and was moaning about how frizzy and poofy it was.  I'm nervous, but excited.
  2. Attend Ladies' Nite Out.  A couple of the ladies at my church decided it would be a nice idea for all of us women to get together once a month just to fellowship.  I'm taking at least one guest and hoping a couple more will come, too.  We're having dinner then the girls are promising all kinds of fun activities.
  3. Get Ready For Saturday Night.  I have to find the right outfit, give myself a manicure and pedicure, and see what I can do with my new do.  I also need to pack a tailgating meal.  Why I have to do all this is...
  4. Go To Toby Keith Concert.  Megan and I have VIP parking and VIP tickets.  We'll tailgate before the gates open, then at some point before the show, we get to meet Toby and get our pictures taken with him (downloadable later).  We'll get autographed photos and our seats are in row one or two of the center section.
  5. Sleep In Late.  It will be the wee hours of the morning before we get home so I hope to sleep in a bit....and hang onto that thrill of meeting Toby for a while.
  6. Read The Sunday Paper.  This gets delayed until evening far too often and if I don't read it in the morning, I never do get to read it thoroughly.
  7. Spend Time Relaxing With Tim.  Since he is back to work, he is once again totally exhausted by the time he gets home so we haven't really been connecting this week.  Maybe we can take a walk at one of the parks and enjoy a bottle of wine and a movie.
  8. Clean The Kitchen.  It needs it.  That's all I'm saying.
  9. Visit My Aunt.  I don't do that nearly enough.
  10. Cook Something On The Grill And Eat Outside If It Isn't Sweltering.  I'm thinking ribs and chicken.
Sounds really taxing, doesn't it?

6 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Have a great time at the concert! I hope he notices your gorgeous new hairdo!

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

I am so jealous about you going to a Toby Keith concert. You are going to have so much fun. Now don't you go throwing any panties at him Stacy.

Michelle said...

Our youngest son also has poodle-curly hair. He used to just get it all cut off but now he is letting it grow out some. I am pleased with his hair as it is just like my fave aunts. I'm really not sure how he feels about it.

A Ladies` Nite Out sounds like fun.

We are going to an all day concert (8:30a.m. - 11:00p.m.) Best thing is that it's free.
Only thing is...I'm not thrilled about having to get up early to get there.

Congratulations on getting the VIP parking and tickets.

Ribs and chicken sound good to me.
I think we're getting a family B.B.Q. meal from a local eatery.

Stacy said...

Ellen...I'm sure we'll have a blast...and I'm sure my new do will be on Toby's mind. LOL

Rochelle...I'm so excited. I go every year, but I've never had tickets right up front...and getting to meet him...I hope I don't faint or something equally stupid. And my panties are staying where they're supposed to be. :D

Michelle...I was learning to work with my curls and not completely hate them (maybe), but I thought I'd give this a shot and see what I think. Ladies' Nite Out was a good time. We introduced ourselves since there were several new people, played a couple of games, ate way too much and just enjoyed talking. Those all day concerts are long, long days. The last one we went to was on a hillside in sweltering heat. Ugh!

Unknown said...

Pretty fun list! Except the kitchen, I also need to clean mine, ughhh.

I would just love a ladies Night Out! Have fun, and have a happy weekend :)

Stacy said...

Valene...Thank you and thanks for visiting me.

The kitchen? An exercise in futility. It is where everyone that comes into the house drops everything. I clean it and I swear 2 minutes later there is stuff everywhere again!

You have a fun weekend, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...