September 22, 2011

R.S.V.P. With Thankfulness

It's Thursday.  Thursday is now class day for me.  And as I'm beginning to realize, Thursday is also the day of the week when everything seems to catch up to me and I am the most tired.  Not fair, in my mind, when I have to workout with Jake, my trainer, work a full day and then sit through 2 1/2 hours of what can be a very, uh, dry class. 

I've tried slipping a nap in there somewhere between the gym, showering, grabbing lunch, picking Megan up from work, and going back to my own job....but it hasn't seemed to work out yet.

But this morning I'm thinking that maybe I've been doing it all wrong.  Instead of moaning, maybe I should be finding the things I can be thankful for instead.  One of the things I just read yesterday (or maybe the day before) for class was about having a thankful attitude in everything.  Everything...because it is in our brokeness, our moments when we are most un-like Christ, that God meets us.  I don't know about you, but that opens up a whole lotta God-meeting possibilities in my day.

So, what's more unlike Christ than grumbling and complaining about minor crap and annoyances?  I can't imagine Jesus sitting under an olive tree mumbling about his disciples being a bunch of slobs, or about having to finish that 300 mile walk to Galilee, or about having to sleep on the ground again.  I've decided I need a reminder so I'm going to revisit Thankful Thursdays today.  It's been a while.

Today, I am thankful....

...that I am tired because it means my life is full and blessed.  I have a job, a family, the luxury of going to a gym, and the opportunity to go to school.

...that it's payday!

...for Diet Coke (a lifesaver).

...for the invitation from friends to meet for seafood tomorrow night at Joe's Crab Shack at Station Square in Pittsburgh.

...that Megan's life is drama-free at the moment.

...that there wasn't anything seriously wrong with Tim when he saw the doctor and that he's finally going to get a sleep study done.

...that the new Facebook format really doesn't bother me.  Once you figure out where stuff is....not that big a deal.

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are good things to be thankful for. I need to start being a glass is half full type of person!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Hurray for drama free!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...