November 10, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 10

Day 10, already!  This month is flying.  We are back to feeling like late Fall with much cooler temps, rain, and even the possibility of snow later.  With the clocks turned back and the evenings dark, we begin the months of cocooning.

Today I'm combining with my Thankful Thursdays so you get a whole lot of bonus thankfulness....


  • I have a cold.  I'm grateful it isn't something worse.
  • Today is my daughter-in-law's birthday.  I, along with my daughter and my mother, am going to visit today and take her out to lunch.  I am so very thankful that our relationship has finally made it to this point.  It was a rocky road getting here, but worth the journey.
  • The new (and cute and young) mechanic at work came home with me last night.  He shared information with my husband on some kind of "chip" you put in a truck to improve mileage.  He ate dinner with us (me paying him back for helping me with a problem kid last week).  He met our daughter.  She is involved with someone.  I don't know if the mechanic is even interested having met her in person (I kind of think he was before from seeing her picture on my bus), but maybe a seed has been planted for some day.  This kid could single-handedly restore my faith in the younger generation and he'd be a good influence on my girl.  I like him.  If my daughter never dates him....I want to adopt him!  I am thankful for the nice evening visiting with a new friend.
  • The Relevant pictures are up on Flicker and I'm not in many...and only then in the background.  I am very thankful for that (even though it kind of goes to show that even in Christian circles fat girls are relegated to the background), because I do NOT like the way I look in them.  The camera is not kind.  Nor, does it lie.
Well, it is time for me to throw on some sweats, brave the cold, and head off through the valley to work.  I hope you all have a Thursday full of thankfulness!

3 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Lunch! Think of me sitting at my desk eating another PB sandwich!

Make sure you tell her how grateful Jenn and I are for her donation!

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

It's getting cooler here also. Have fun going out to lunch.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I only saw myself in one and I did NOT like the picture! Oh well. And actually there were several in which the women could probably lose a little weight without looking anorexic ... but I know what you mean!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...