November 15, 2011

It's Okay Tuesday - Ritalin Edition

Photobucket



It's Okay Tuesday, where we allow ourselves to be okay about our little "quirks," is the brainchild of WhisperingWriter over at Airing My Dirty Laundry, One Sock at a Time. She borrowed the idea from Glamour Magazine and we all like it so much it's become an official meme. So....here we go!


HEY, IT'S OKAY....


...to really hate when you're husband makes peanut butter and jelly toast....toast crumbs in the butter, peanut butter in the jelly jar, jelly in the peanut butter....bleeeech!


...to wonder if you should be on Ritalin so you could get your life organized.


...to admit your house is never going to be featured in a decorating magazine and be okay with that.


...to eat a Little Debbie's snack cake for breakfast.  Just this once.


...to kind of...sort of wish...just a little...that your daughter would find a decent job and move into her own place while you still have any kind of relationship left.


...to get down and discouraged once in a while and wonder if everyone's right and wish you could be what they all think you should be instead of who you are.


...to be a little bit mad that they make you feel that way.


...to just realize if you don't get moving you're going to be late for work!


We're all just a big glorious mess, but it's okay, 'cause that's where God comes in.  :-)  Have a fantabulous Tuesday!  I'm off to work.

7 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

How about turning your blog into a decorating one? That might get you into a magazine...

Ugh, seriously I don't read those kinds of blogs and that's one of the reasons I don't hang out on Pinterest. Too much "House Beautiful," instead of "House Lived In." Too much "I want," instead of I'm blessed to have what I have.

Rant done.

Stacy said...

I'm not to the point of purging like you do, but I am to the point of liking simple. In my dreams I get to redo my house with furnishings from IKEA...they rule when it comes to a place for everything. I like the idea of everything being there, but organized and out of sight behind clean-lined cabinet doors.

Diane said...

I HATE when someone gets peanut butter in the jelly! That's just wrong.

Stacy said...

YES!! Exactly!

Megan said...

Toast crums really are the worst! I have had those same thoughts about Ritalin, yet I don't think it would help. I don't know if it works for procrastination. I am on the other side of the daughter living at home looking for a job thing and my guess is that she wishes it too!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yes it is okay!!!!

Stacy said...

Megan...How "funny" that that is my daughter's name, too. :) I'm sure your mom loves you as much as I love my Megan, but it's tough to have two adult women under one roof. I didn't last long living with my grandmother or my mother, either.

Debby...thank goodness!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...