January 18, 2012

A Miracle of a Hodgepodge


Cruisin' in for your Wednesday entertainment
it's Volume 62 of the 
Wednesday Hodgepodge
****
brought to you courtesy of

1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?
~ Oh my.  I see me in the Miss America pageant going about as well as it did for Sandra Bullock in "Miss Congeniality" except that I don't clean up that good.  Seriously, I'd call it talent if I didn't fall off my high heels and break my neck.




2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?
~ I have several.  All real.  I get it from my grandmother, though I am not in her league.  She had over 100 houseplants.

3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn't call on you type of student?
~ I was a good student.  The only class I didn't raise my hand in was math.  Math is not my friend.  I got good grades in it (most of the time) but not without a lot of effort.

4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year...what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food?
~ Chicken with green beans or broccoli, combination lo mein, crab rangoons, and hot and sour soup.

5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?
~  I think a miracle is when something is needed very much (big or small), but it seems like there is no way for it to ever happen, or no way that it can happen....and yet it does.  Miracles tend to be unexpected, but maybe we should spend a little more time expecting them.  God can, after all, do all things.  Why limit him?  I believe miracles are going on all around us every day.  We just don't recognize them for what they are.

6. What's your favorite Disney song? If you're stuck you'll find a listhere.
~ I couldn't pick just one.  I like "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from the Lion King, "You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me" from Aladdin, and "I Wanna Be Like You" from The Jungle Book.

7. I should have _____________ yesterday.
~ Taken a nap.  I kept nodding off at Bible study last night.  I felt so bad.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ Visit Ann Voskamp's website to learn about her book "One Thousand Gifts" and the challenge to list 1000 blessings from God in a year.  It'll help you see the miracles.


My count for today:


110.  Snowflakes drifting down, no two exactly the same.


111.  Billions of people on this earth, no two exactly the same....and yet the Lord knows them down to the number of hairs on each head.


112.  Pale, watery, winter sunlight blinding after the gloom.


113.  A gentle touch from an unexpected source.


114.  The chubby cheeks of a baby.


115.  Finding laughter in the difficult.

7 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm noticing a trend in that we bloggers are, in general, not fans of math : ) I liked your answer to the miracle question. I've read Ann Voskamps book and have given several copies away to family. Somehow when I bought mine I entered 10 instead of 1-oops.

Stacy said...

Joyce...Is math anyone's friend? lol Lucky for your family! It's a great book. :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Hi Stacy! Still just trying to stay afloat but I wanted to come say hello. I've applied for a new job. Praying I get it unless it's contrary to His will.

Stacy said...

Hi Beth! I'll be praying. Hope things get worked out to where you're not so stressed.

Unknown said...

Finding laughter in the difficult...i love this! I have heard so much about Ann's book. It sounds like one that I need to get and soon.

Chatty Crone said...

The comments on the bottom - is that your grateful list? Love to learn about my friends. sandie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a good movie and I love that sceen! Great songs you picked.
I have her book but haven't read it yet. I must open it!
Have a nice weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...