~ Does the laundry breed while it's in the hamper? What am I going to make for supper and why do I have to do all the cooking? Do I really want to stay with this job? Am I going to go back to school? What was I thinking?
2. Do you grow roses? What's your favorite color of rose? Ever been given a dozen roses? Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?
~ I have a few rose bushes. Some do better than others. I've always liked pink roses best, but Megan gave me a sort of yellow-apricot bush for Mother's Day and I think it may be the new favorite. Tim used to give me roses all the time.
|My rose bush from Megan.|
3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products? Will you use eggs past the ir 'use by' date? Take medication that's expired? Buy a dented can?
~ I do check on most things...and even some I never thought to until I got burned on them, getting them home and finding them spoiled or mold when I opened them. I admit to using eggs a bit past the date and milk, too. Most foods have a "Sell By" date not an expiration date. Never medication, though it usually won't hurt you, it's most likely just lost its effectiveness. Dented can? Only if I really, really need the item and there aren't any others on the shelf.
4. Should athletes be role models?
~ I'd say that should be based on the individual just as with any other profession. Personally, I think Tim Tebow makes a good role model. Others...not so much.
5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
~ Getting all the remodeling and repairs done on the house so we can just chill in our old age and not have to worry about it.
6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?
~ Easy one! Big garden...beef cattle...a horse or two...orchard...chickens and maybe a turkey...pond stocked with bass or trout...lots of insulation from "neighbors"....big barn/garage....and a comfy, rustic house with enough room for everyone.
7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?
~ Probably 7:30 - 8:00 if it's just to hang out. If there's a dinner or event that starts at that time we'd probably get there on time. Probably. Just tell me it starts at 6:30.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ It's taken me roughly 3 hours to get this post finished! I've been doing laundry, Facebooking (yes, I believe it can be a verb...don't judge me), and friends from church were here to pull out all the ugly, overgrown shrubs in front of the porch. Yea!! It looks so different, but so much neater. Once Tim gets done working on the porch I think I will turn all that nicely churned up dirt into flower beds.