May 27, 2013

I Remember You

Photo Source
I'm weighing in late on this Memorial Day.  This day to remember and honor the brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice to guarantee freedom in this (still) great nation.  This day to also remember and honor all those who've passed this way before us and left their imprint on us.

Today, I'd like to combine the honoring and the counting of blessings by remembering a few of those, who even though they're gone, continue to influence me.

81.  Pappy....my grandfather, who taught me to laugh no matter how tough life gets and to appreciate antiques.

82.  Nana....my grandmother, who taught me to take the time to appreciate this wonderful world we live in, all I know about plants, and how to cook the old-fashioned, homestyle (but not necessarily healthy) way.

83.  Dad....who taught me to always be nice, always be honest, always do my best and that if I want something to work for it. .

84.  Uncle Cake....who taught me what reliability and gentleness look like and that there are always two sides to a story.

85.  Mom Artis....my mother-in-law, who accepted me unconditionally as one of her own and was my champion and rock in the early days of marriage.








1 comment:

Southern Gal said...

Such a bittersweet post. You've caused me to fondly remember those who have gone on before me and what they taught me while here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...