December 19, 2010

A Great Weekend

We had a really nice weekend.  Tim actually took yesterday off (!!!) and helped me get things ready for the big Christmas get-together with his family.  We were missing a few this year, but a few extras were along for the ride....so I think we ended up with something like 25 here Saturday night.  It was a lot of fun and everyone got along for the most part.  Alcohol probably helped.  LOL  We ate, we did the gift exchange and we celebrated Tim's 50th birthday.
Santa pays a visit.
Tim's birthday cake.


Today, our son and his family, who couldn't make it last night because of work made the trip out to celebrate Tim's birthday with him.  All of us, along with my mom and her husband went to Olive Garden for lunch.  Yuuuuummy, but I am still stuffed.  The kids hung out and visited for a while afterward and we got some time in with our granddaughter.

Ashlei and Matt

My mom and her husband.


The birthday boy.


Giddyap Elvis!


It was a VERY good weekend.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hau'oli La Hanau to Tim. Sounds like it was a wonderful time. :) don't know. Quick....call Maury Povich! Too damn funny and very clever. If I could get those 5 golden rings I'd be a happy camper. Have a great week ahead :)

Stacy said...

Thanks, Thom! You have a wonderful Christmas week, too. :) By the way, can't the king MAKE someone give him those 5 golden rings??

I am Harriet said...

That was a crazy scene from 8 Crazy Nights.

Thanks for playing!

http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/12/3837/

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I wouldn't shop in a store FOR Christmas shopping, let alone after... :)

Stacy said...

Harriet....my daughter and I go through the whole thing whenever we see those things in a public restroom. People probably think we're nuts.

Bud....I'd rather not, but I was clueless this year about most people and they weren't helpful when I asked what they might want so I'm stuck out there trolling for inspiration. I will NOT be back out any time soon once I'm done, though. :P

Cap'n Salty said...

Oh I forgot all about 8 crazy nights! Doh! Thanks for the reminder!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend!

I love Olive Garden; been a long while since we have been there but I am so happy you went and had a great time!

Charlene Amsden said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday gathering. I am glad all went well.

The last time I sat on Santa
s lap was last year! The neighbors had a Christmas Party and EVERYONE in attendance was expected to sit on Santa's lap and have his/her pic taken. I even posted the pic last year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...