December 16, 2010

A Little Bing!

I'm all for a white Christmas, but Mother Nature didn't have to go all Antarctic on us.....so, to take your mind (and I hope mine) off the cold here's one of my favorite Christmas tunes.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of an Mexican Umbrella Lady and the number 3693.


1. First, an easy one. In 25 words or less, what's your philosophy on life?~ Love everybody.  If you can't.....do it anyway.

2. Which country is your spiritual home? Why?~ The good old U.S. of A. because in spite of the problems we have incredible freedom and it's pretty much all over the place....like me.

3. Tell us something about the oldest living member of your family. We mean as opposed to the oldest dead one.~ At 85, I guess that's now my Aunt Peg.  She was my dad's big sister and since my grandmother had a stroke when I was 11 she pretty much stepped into the role.  She has a gift for making EVERYONE feel special and loved.  I hate that she's in a home now.

4. Tell us something about the youngest member of your family.~ That would be my granddaughter.  She will be two the day after Christmas.  She is a real pistol and knows exactly what she likes and doesn't like.  Love her to bits.

5. Now we’ll do random. Have you ever had a negative experience at a gym (with other patrons, equipment, trainer) or with the gym themselves?~ My rear end had a negative experience with one of those tiny little hard seats on the spinning bikes.  Who has a butt that small?  Ouch!

6. If you could go back and change one friendship in your past, who would it have been, and why?
~ My friend, Kathy, and I had a falling out when I got married.  It's always been a regret that we never patched things up before she died in our mid-20's from a brain tumor.

7. If you could wish a wish and it be guaranteed to come true (and not to get more wishes), what would it be, and why?
~ I'd probably wish for financial security.  Tim might work less then and we'd always have enough to travel to see family, take a vacation now and then and live comfortably.

8. What were you doing 1 year ago?
~ Getting ready for Christmas, I'm sure...which is what I SHOULD be doing now.

9. Time to belly up to the bar. What drink can I getcha?
~ Pretty much anything fruity with rum works.

10. What's the furthest you've traveled to visit (or vacation with, etc.) a friend?
~ Pennsylvania to Alabama....around 900 miles, I think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT!!! Perfect song. Today however, it's cloudy and crappy weather here LOL :) Yesterday hotter than all get out. No Trade Winds :) Hope you survive the Antarctic LOL

Stacy said...

Thom....I would take cloudy and crappy at this point as long as it's WARM!

Wendy said...

Let's trade places, Stacy. Here in Southern California, it's brisk, but not cold and stormy enough for how I like it. We're supposed to get rain, and I hope, hope that happens. Would you really want to spend Xmas in Hawaii? :) I guess the grass IS always greener, so may you have your warm Xmas someday, where Bing is singing in the background.

Anonymous said...

I love that song!

I love your answers. Especially about your grand-daughter and about your one wish.

See you just want to be comfortable - you are not asking to be able to travel all the time or to fill your home with crap. You want to be comfortable and have more time with your husband and family! I think that is awesome!

Celestia said...

Those bike seats are so tiny I don't think anybody's butt fits on them! Happy early birthday to your Granddaughter!

Happy Thursday,
Jenn @ The Ramblings of Jenn Shuey

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I'm not sure you can love everybody, but it';s a great thought. It reminded of George Harrison's last words, "love somebody" and he took a breath and passed.

Stacy said...

Wendy...I do want a white Christmas, but that's ALL the winter I need. As for Christmas in Hawaii? I'm pretty sure I could spend just about any time there. :)

Yeve...thanks. Your kind words made my day.

Jenn...those seats are the worst and if you complain the teacher whips out this "pad" about as thick as a Kleenex...oh yeah, that helps sooooo much. LOL Thank you for the birthday wishes for Sora. :)

Bud...we probably can't love everyone, at least not the way most people think of love as that mooshy, warm, fuzzy feeling. I'm talking more about Jesus's kind of love. And with that I think it's all about the effort. Even if it's hard...as long as we're trying. George was pretty smart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...