March 04, 2011

And They Call It Puppy Love

The assignment for Day 3 of the 30 Day Challenge is to write about my first love.  *groan*  I don't really know if I want to admit to this, but in the interest of a good blog post....

It was somewhere along the way in second grade, that would be 1972, that The Donald came into my field of awareness and I soon became convinced as only a 7-year-old can be that I'd found my true soul mate.  I knew that one day we'd meet and he would be as swept away by me as I was by him and we'd live happily ever after in Mormon bliss with our 30 kids.

I spent untold hours daydreaming to his albums and singing into my hairbrush in front of the mirror.  His larger-than-life likeness hung on my bedroom door....where I could kiss it goodbye and goodnight.  My lunches traveled in a purple lunchbox with his face on it.  Barbie and Ken socialized with Donny and Marie.  Dreams of enormous white teeth and purple socks filled my head.

We never did meet so my love went unanswered, which is probably a good thing because according to my plan, had we met I'd be somewhere in Utah pregnant with kid number 26 or 27.

1 comment:

quilly said...

If you search my blog you'll find a similar post on Bobby Sherman! Donny Osmond was a close second, though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...