August 16, 2011

It's Okay Tuesday - Diets & Birthdays Don't Mix

On Tuesdays I've taken to joining in with Whispering Writer on a an idea she borrowed from Glamour Magazine. She calls it It's Okay Tuesdays. It's when we can take a moment and tell ourselves that those quirky things we think and do are...well....OKAY!
HEY, IT'S OKAY...

...that the whole diet thing didn't go so well over the weekend.  People celebrate everything with food and my birthday was celebrated many times over this weekend along with our son's wedding anniversary.  Plus, we're on vacation (we haven't gone any where, so you might not have noticed, but we are).  And really, who's going to say no to a perfectly grilled t-bone and a watermelon margarita?  I kept going to the gym, so that counts for something.  Right? 

...to be just a little miffed that nothing has gotten done around here while the husband's been on vacation.  He wakes up to go out to eat or if we have somewhere to go, but mostly has been sleeping and watching TV and eating.  Good grief, but the man grazes his way through the day.  His doctor decided he's depressed and started him on meds, but I'm not seeing any change yet.  He started him on a really low dose and is building it up over a month's time, so I'm hopeful.

...to be less than amused that Meg can now use her new job as an excuse to not do anything around here.  She works.  She needs to spend time with her boyfriend.  She needs to sleep.  She doesn't have time or energy to pick up her laundry or wash her dishes.  Welcome to the world of an adult woman, honey!  Pull up those big girl panties and pitch in.

...to be really sorry for the families dealing with the tragedy that struck the Indiana State Fair over the weekend, but thankful it wasn't worse.  Because it could have been.  I hope fairs all over the country take note and set up an evacuation plan in case they are ever faced with dire weather warnings, because it is sounding like this could have been avoided.

Well, my mind seems to be on vacation this week, too, because that's all I can come up with.  It's just as well.  I need to eat breakfast and get my behind to the gym.  Today's a Jake Day (with trainer) so I need to build up my strength.  LOL


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Diets and vacations don't mix either.
I was on vacation for 4 days last week.
While lazying around, doing almost nothing I gained 10#.
We ate out for lunch and dinner, after a hearty breakfast at the hotel.
I had lost 20# and wanted my doctor to see my attempt at dieting.
Well at least I kept the 10 extra pounds off.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

This is tough love mom talking...do her dishes, but do not do her laundry. Eventually she'll figure out that she still needs to work around the house when she has nothing clean to wear!

;)

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

Hopefully she will pull up her big panties soon and help you more.
There is no way I would have said no to a grilled t-bone :-)
I have never had a watermelon margarita. It sounds good.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm with Ellen. I wouldn't pick up her laundry either (though I might kick it down the hall, into her room, and then close the door)! You don't want to train her to expect to be waited on just because she works!

I have pretty much bailed on the whole diet and exercise thing. Every time I try to pull it together ... chaos ensues. Not sure I'm brave enough to try again ... but I KNOW I have to! Maybe I need a Jake!

Stacy said...

Michelle...I don't think I've gained because I really am trying to watch portion size, but it's all the wrong kinds of food (meaning really, really delicious) so I'm not losing, either. :/

Ellen....I don't do her laundry. I haven't for a couple of years because of her inclination to store clean and dirty together on the floor. I was miffed today when I opened the door to the spare bedroom and found the floor, the WHOLE floor, literally shin-deep in her dirty laundry. The dishes I will do up to a point or if my nagging doesn't produce results after a certain amount of time.

Rochelle...so glad someone understands the steak thing. ;) And that watermelon margarita? YUMMY!

Beth...Honey, with all you've had going on lately it's a wonder you haven't bailed on a lot of other things, too. You're a stronger cookie than you give yourself credit for. You'll get back to it. I have faith in you. :) And Jake? I'm pretty sure he's a sadist (is that the right term?). The more I hate an exercise and say it sucks, the more he likes it. Actually for someone kicking my behind, he's a sweetheart. I may have to adopt him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...