August 28, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Aug. 28



For Today...
Outside my window...It's looking pretty gloomy, but so far, dry.  We should eventually see some of the outer bands of rain as Irene continues her march north.

I am thinking...that if I'm honest, I'm actually looking forward to the end of summer and the return to work tomorrow.  I do better when my days are structured. 

I am thankful for...the last two and a half weeks when my husband was on vacation.  He needed the rest and it has refreshed him physically, but also mentally and spiritually.

I am wearing...yoga pants and the most awful t-shirt I own...but it is very comfy in spite of the paint splotches and the small hole burned in it where a friend of Megan's tried to set me on fire during the party for Megan's 14th birthday. 

I am remembering...to be thankful.  There is so much in my life right now that I am grateful for.

I am going...to make a cup of tea and read the Sunday paper after this.


I am currently reading...Don't Say a Word by Barbara Freethy. 

I am hoping...that we can work things out for getting Megan to work once I'm back to work.

On my mind...the start of school and going back to work tomorrow morning...the Toby Keith concert this coming Saturday...starting my first seminary class next week...decorating the house for Fall.

Noticing that...I've only lost a couple of pounds with this whole going to the gym and dieting business, but I am toning up and getting stronger.  I can do things I couldn't do a couple of weeks ago.  I'm building muscle and that's good because while muscle weighs more, it takes up less room and it burns more calories.

Pondering these words...Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither; the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. ~ Job 1:21  The depths of Job's faith are awe-inspiring.

In the kitchen...Lots of left-overs so no cooking today.

Around the house...everyone but me is sleeping, enjoying this lazy, gloomy Sunday morning.  The only noise comes from the television Tim left on.

One of my favorite things...the excited, eager faces of the kindergarten students on their first day when I stop and open the bus door.

A picture...



Be sure to check out the blogroll...I've added lots of new blogs for you to check out!



1 comment:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

On noticing...

Even though I'm mostly slender, I am noticing more tone too. I am, or am trying to not be, what someone once called "skinny fat."

Seeing those changes is the best motivation to move. That as well as thinking of my heart thanking me. Both parents had heart disease, and I aim to avoid that for as long as possible.

Keep pushing, keep marking every milestone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...