October 19, 2011

The Emergency Hodgepodge System


It's baa-aaack!  Time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge again with Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond.  If you like what you see here, hop on over and join the fun.

1. How do you typically react in a sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis? Would we want you nearby in an emergency?
~ Believe it or not, I'm calm in a crisis.  I think I lean toward that anyway, but I've also had first-aid training and back in my Civil Air Patrol days I had search and rescue and disaster training.  I can do what I have to and then freak later.



2. Caramel apple-caramel sundae-caramel corn-caramel macchiato...of the four, which carmel treat would you choose?
~ The caramel apple, though not the kind on a stick.  I like to slice my apples and dip them in caramel sauce.


3. Is there such a thing as destiny? Explain.
~ Tough question.  I believe that God knows how our lives will go, but that doesn't take away our free will and choices.  God just knows what choices we are going to make.   On the other hand, there were some individuals that God had a specific plan for and had they not been predestined, it would have changed the course of history....I'm thinking of Jesus, John the Baptist, Mary.  In general I'm going to have to say no, I don't believe in destiny, but I think God made a few exceptions for his plan of redemption to work.  I don't know......feel free to explain otherwise to me.  This is a confusing area.


4. What's your favorite piece of furniture? I'm referring to something currently in your possession as opposed to something on your wish list.
~ Probably the kitchen island we bought at IKEA last year.  Four people can sit and eat at it.  It's the right height for making and decorating cookies (which is why I got it).  It's nice looking.  It has storage shelves.  It's the center of activity in the kitchen.


5. Wednesday night marks the start of the 2011 Baseball World Series. Did you know? Do you care? Will you be watching? Ever been to a professional baseball game? If you're not an American do you find the title 'World Series' annoying or amusing?
~ I've been to a few professional baseball games, but I'm not a fan.  I don't watch it on television.  I don't follow the games.  I don't care about the series.  Oh, and I'm American and I find the title "World Series" annoying.  There's a whole lotta world out there beyond the U.S.


6. A sound that takes me back to my childhood is____________.
~ Going back to #5, it's got to be the sound of a baseball game being broadcast on the radio and drifting out the windows on a summer evening.  You heard that every night in the summer when I was growing up.  You never hear it now.


7. On average, once you've linked your hodgepodge post to mine how many other participant blogs do you visit? Do you ever come back to the Hodgepodge later in the day or even the day after to read posts?
~ I usually read a few right after I post, then come back in the evening to read more.  How many I read depends on how much free time I have.  I'd say I usually average 12-15 visits.  I'd do more, but it just takes too long.


8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ Sometimes I ride my bike without a helmet, oh, and I color outside the lines.  'Cause I'm a rebel like that.

5 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

I like melted caramel to dip apples in, too. In fact, we may do this in a few weeks. I believe you're right about destiny. Some are called for a specific purpose, whereas others God allows our govern oneselves by free-will.

Check out some of my posts...
Wednesday Hodgepodge
Chit Chat On Patrice’s Farmhouse Porch
Wayback Wednesdays…1995

Have a good day!
Cathy Kennedy, Children’s Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Beth Zimmerman said...

You're a rebel, huh? We are going to have so much FUN!

I will be THERE in ONE WEEK!!!!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I always slice up my carmel apple.
Your island sounds wonderful. A radio through a window is a beautiful memory.

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

Hey I color outside the lines also. I would not do good in a emergency especially if blood was involved. I freak out at the sight of blood, the older I get the worse I am getting about it.

Me said...

For me it has to be a caramel sundae with sliced caramel apple to DIP into the sunday :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...