Yea! It's time for those Friday Fragments again, those little bits and pieces that just aren't big enough to stand on their own in the bloggy world. So, the lovely, kind, and creative Mrs 4444s gave them a place to call their own.
The husband has to have his first (long, long overdue) colonoscopy done on Good Friday. The doctor's office sent over all the paperwork, directions, and the prescription for his Liquid Plumber cocktail. Since I needed to fill my prescription today I thought I'd go ahead and get his filled, too. It's pretty popular stuff, apparently. Wally World is sold out and won't have any until Monday. Good thing I decided to fill it early.
What boggled my mind was that according to the pharmacy staff, many insurances don't cover the stuff. Ours does, but the co-pay is $60! I wonder what the no-insurance price is? Anyway, am I the only one that thinks it's kind of, oh....let's just call it stupid, to not cover the prep needed for a test to prevent a very treatable type of cancer (provided it's found early)? Would they rather shell out thousands upon thousands of dollars to treat cancer? You'd think they'd really want to encourage someone like my hubby, who has a strong family history (father died of colon cancer and more than one of his siblings have had polyps removed), to get checked out as often as the doctor recommends.
According to my daughter, my mother thinks I'm losing "a lot" of weight. I asked if she was being snarky. My mom tends to never be complimentary where I'm concerned. Megan says she wasn't. I am stunned, because while I have lost a couple of pounds lately...it just puts me back to where I was last Fall when I got done working out with a trainer and she never said a word then. I am trying, though....Toby's back in town July 27th! I hope to get another pic with a slimmer me.
I made the most amazing cupcakes this week. Twice. Once for the mechanic at work's birthday. Once for the family that was upset they didn't get a batch. Sharing the recipe.....
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s® baking cocoa
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 EGGLAND’S BEST eggs
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Reese's® peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s® semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla to flour mixture, stirring just until smooth (do not overmix).
- In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until creamy.
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon chocolate batter into each cup; evenly spread 1 level tablespoon peanut butter filling on top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
Something to make you laugh....
|This is your brain on cake.|
Well, I am off to throw a load of laundry in the washer and chill out for a few minutes with my puppy dog before I have to head back to work. Going out to dinner (and ?) tonight. The hubster sent me a text asking me if I'd like to. Since he braved technology and everything, I said "YES!!" Of course, I'd have said yes had he asked via carrier pigeon. LOL Enjoy this beautiful Friday everyone!