April 01, 2012

Hosanna in the Highest!

Palm Sunday.  The start of Christianity's most holy week.  Christmas is important, too, but while we celebrate the birth of Jesus, we rejoice in his resurrection as the Christ!  It is the defeat of death that is the cornerstone of our faith.

This is my favorite week of the year.  It is such a time of deep reflection from today when we celebrate Jesus's triumphant entry into Jerusalem fulfilling the prophecies, to Maundy Thursday when we remember the Last Supper and those long, tormented hours in the garden, to the reflections on the horror of Good Friday when Jesus took on our sins and died in our place, to the joy of  the empty tomb on Easter.

My prayer this week is for all of us to spend time in reflection on these things and come to a deeper understanding and knowing of our Savior.

2 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

When I was a girl, my mother was always trying to teach me Easter is much more important than Christmas. Took me about 45 years to get it...

Beth Zimmerman said...

Amen, Stacy! Wishing you blessings and joy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...