It's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge again. Thank you, Joyce, for coming up with the questions and hosting every week!
1. What do the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does it head in the direction of doing what you please?
~ I really don't think the founding fathers intended for liberty to mean you could do anything and everything you please. Like them, I tend to view freedom and liberty as a lack of government persecution and control. Remember why the Pilgrims came and what our forefathers were fighting. They created the Republic to be different from the tyrannical control of the crown.
2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?
~ In a bun with ketchup or sliced in my baked beans or scrambled with my eggs.
3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?
~ Shrimp. Peel and eat shrimp. Shrimp scampi. Grilled shrimp. Coconut shrimp. Just call me Bubba Gump. X-P
4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy?
~ Tim and the kids would probably say a dictatorship because I have tried to impose certain rules and behaviors, but I say it's been more of an anarchy with Tim and the kids doing whatever they felt like.
5. Where was your favorite summer place when you were a kid?
~ We never went any where when I was kid. The only real vacations I had were the two weeks I spent at my grandparents' house every summer. Loved it there. They doted on me as the only grandchild they ever had and they lived in the country with woods, a stream, and a cabin with a pond nearby. It was heaven for this tomboy.
6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?
~ No, no guest room. The spare bedroom is my office/library/craft room. There is no room for a bed. I have put guests in my daughter's room, which isn't too bad when it's cleaned up. In a pinch, I can put a guest up in one of the spare rooms at my mom's since she lives right behind us.
7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday?
~ We haven't made any plans. We'll probably just cook out with my mom and her husband and the kids if they're around. I'd like to go to the parade (our town has a huge one) if I can get anyone to go with me. There are awesome fireworks at night, too, but again...if I can get someone to go.
8. Insert your own random thought here.