Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge. The Hodgepodge comes to you courtesy of
Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. It's a blog hop, so.....hop on over
to see all the other great blogs that have linked up.
1. The Summer Olympics begin next week and London is playing host. If you had the chance to go in person which (non-Olympic) London site would you most like to visit?
~ Westminster Abbey.
2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event?
~ My marriage. The hubby is working soooo much that it feels like it takes herculean efforts to stay connected.
3. What's your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it's too hot to cook?
~ Take out.
4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day...when was the last time you were 'in the doghouse'?
~ Seriously? I don't know. It's been a while, I guess. There are all the little minor things that go on, but to really be in the dog house....I can't remember.
5. What television advertisement do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with 'all of them'. I know some of you were thinking about it.
~ I really hate the ones with Smiling Bob and his herbal answer to Viagra and the K-Y ones need to go as well. It's soooo awkward to be sitting there with your daughter's boyfriend or your pastor and have one of those come on.
6. Share one piece of interesting news from the year you were born.
~ Only one? But 1964 was such an awesome year! Fine, I'll go with the biggie....The Beatles made their U.S. debut on The Ed Sullivan Show.
7. What's the best part of your average day?
~ Folgers in my cup.....no, wait....that was a commercial and I don't even like coffee. Um.....thinking....early morning. That's when I take the dogs out, enjoy the morning air, watch the world wake up for a few minutes and then come in to spend some quiet time with the Lord and then hit the computer. It's the time of day that's completely mine with no interruptions.
8. Insert your own random thought here.