- The antsy feeling that I should be doing "more."
- The mind-numbing boredom while surrounded by so many, many things to do.
- The inability to finish a project.
- The procrastination that leaves me stressing at the last minute and bills paid late.
- The fruitlessness of trying to pay attention to boring stuff.
- The forgetfulness.
- The disorganization.
- The impulsive spending.
- The mood swings.
- The lack of relationships.
- The addictions to food and the computer.
- The sense of purposelessness and feeling like life has been a waste.
393. The daydreams and flights of fancy make me creative.
394. When I succeed in spite of my "challenges" there is no doubt who made it possible.
395. Schedules and lists that keep the day on track.
396. Clocks that are my best friend and keep me from losing the day.
397. Being okay with things being less than perfect.
398. The computer can be a good thing. I've learned to do a lot on my own and I've been able to reach out to a lot of people over the years in friendship and ministry.
399. I can be spontaneous and know how to fly by the seat of my pants.
400. I'm okay with being quiet, reflective...listening to Your voice. With my daydreaming tendencies I imagine myself at Your feet, my head resting against Your knee. You stroke my hair and I listen to Your voice. My daddy, my Father.
401. There are a lot of other people out there with ADD or raising kids with ADD. I know what they're dealing with.
402. I've learned to learn fast....because I'm not going to sit and study or be lectured to for any great amount of time.
403. Words are the things that hold me. I can lose an entire day in a book or writing. Writing is a focusing tool. I write many of my prayers so my mind doesn't wander and I don't fall asleep.
and not ADD related...
404. Puppy snores coming from under the desk.
405. Extra work this week.
406. Tart, juicy, blueberries on my Golden Grahams.
407. A visit from our son and granddaughter.
408. Communication with my daughter-in-law. A start. A step, maybe, in the right direction.
409. A pastor who talked with the hubby about needing "balance" in his life.
410. Unexpected income.
411. The return of TWO prodigals to church this week.
412. Much needed rain.
413. A fender bender that was nothing worse.
414. A daughter who is already in for the night.
415. A couple of women at church that surprised me by reaching out in friendship.
416. My own against-my-nature efforts to be intentional at friendship meeting with success.
417. The safety and accomplishments of the work crews at the church.
418. A gifted husband with a strong work ethic that draws the admiration of others.