Welcome to Joyce's Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. The Summer Olympics officially begin this Friday night...will you be watching? If you could see just one event in person which one would you pick?
~ We always watched them when I was growing up....from the first day to the last. But then there were only 3 channels back then and my dad was one of those guys that watched whatever kind of sports was on....even ping pong and bowling. I might watch the opening ceremony, but probably won't watch that much of the rest. Unless there's gymnastics...is that during the summer games? Otherwise, I'm more into the winter games.
2.Do lazy days make you feel rested or unproductive?
~ It depends. If I choose to have a lazy day I can kick back and enjoy it with a good book or a movie marathon or something. If it's a lazy day brought on by a bad ADD day.....I get pretty frustrated.
3. July 25th is 'officially' Threading the Needle Day...can you sew? On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not at all and 10 being Betsy Ross-like, how would you rate your skill with a needle and thread?
~ About a 2. I would love to be able to sew, but it's one of the places my ADD kicks in and I simply don't have the patience to do all the little detail work.
4. 'Threading the Needle' can also mean to walk a fine line between two things or issues (think awkward social situation). When was the last time you had to 'thread the needle', figuratively speaking?
~ I just had to deal with this in a rather major way, but it involves people other than just myself...so I really can't go into it.
5. Kidney, pinto, black, or navy...your favorite bean?
~ I love navy beans in ham and bean soup. It's my favorite soup and I eat it like my dad....on a plate, ladled over a thick slice of homemade bread. I do skip the ketchup, though. Kidney beans are good in chili. I also make this awesome dish called Hobo Beans...there are like 7 kinds of beans in it.
6. Have you ever hosted a garage sale? Was it more success or bust?
~ I come from a long line of garage salers. My mom, my aunt and a friend of theirs used to get together about every other year and have a huge one that was amazingly successful. It was nothing for them to make over $1000. That was back in the 70s, though. We've had quite a few since those days, but it seems like they just get less and less successful. We've vowed to never hold another one.
7. What makes you roll your eyes?
~ My husband's singing and his sense of humor. Oh, and my daughter's attitude might get an eye roll or two.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ Today is the end of an era in my life. My daughter turns 20 today. No more "children" at home. And the nest is nearing the completely empty stage as she got a job this week and she and her boyfriend are talking about starting to look for a place of their own. In a way I'm glad, but part of me will really miss her when the times comes. It will be so quiet around here. It really will be just me and the dogs most of the time, then.
|Happy Birthday , Megan!|