1. How often do you check the weather? How do you check the weather?
~ I watch the news first thing in the morning and that is pretty much it unless there are storms coming. I will monitor those because we can get some very nasty storms around here....tornadoes, too.
2. Since this is volume 84 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge, and since I got married in 1984, and since I'm attending a wedding this weekend it only seems right to post something related here.
"Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life."
Agree or Disagree. Why?
~ I don't think I can completely agree or disagree. Every person, every relationship, every circumstance is different. It's ludicrous to try and generalize all marriages.
3. Do you like to dance? Have you ever taken dance lessons?
~ I used to love to dance and went out dancing all the time. I didn't have formal lessons, but they used to teach you different kinds of dance in gym class. I was pretty good at....DISCO! I held my own in the 80s, too. We never go dancing.
4. Fresh from the oven peach pie or home made peach ice cream? Pick one.
~ I love anything peach, but would have to pick the ice cream. I craved the stuff when I was pregnant the first time. That was in 1986...and let me tell you, peach ice cream was nearly impossible to find at that time.
5. Should people accept unfairness and learn to make the best of it?
~ Again, I'd say that depends on the circumstances. If it is a serious unfairness and it's within a person's power to change it, then yeah, do something about it. If it's something like so-and-so is prettier, or has more money, or drives a nicer car....suck it up! There's always going to be someone who has more or is more than you.
6. The top five all time summer movie blockbusters (released between May and August and grossing at least 100 million dollars) are-Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars (the original), Ghostbusters, and ET. Which one's your favorite?
~ Of those? Hands down....Raiders of the Lost Ark. Love me some Indiana Jones!
7. If given the chance, would you like to visit the moon?
~ Never really thought about it. I don't have any burning desire to go there, but if someone handed me a ticket and said, "Here's your chance!" ....I'd probably go in a heartbeat.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ Driving for the camp this morning then later this afternoon I'm off to get my eyes checked and pick out some new glasses. I've had these for 3 years and I barely passed the vision test for my CDL last year....there is no way I'll pass this year without new ones. Can't wait to start trying on cute frames and see what I come up with. Can't wait to be able to see the way I should again, either.