In spite of the fact that I'm tired as all get out this morning, I'm feeling thankful. I'm tired because my son took me to the Steelers' game last night (467). I value every moment with him....and he could have taken someone way more fun than his mom, but I'm a huge fan and he thought of me.
In spite of the fact that my head feels like a ginormous hot air balloon this morning thanks to allergies, I'm feeling thankful. It's the beginning of the change to Fall that is triggering them and Fall is my favorite season (468). And there are meds I can take to keep them under control (469).
In spite of the fact that I have to go to a back-to-school meeting for work this morning, I'm thankful I still have a job....boring meetings and all (470).
In spite of the fact that I loathe going to the dentist (I am a huge chicken when it comes to having someone messing with my teeth) and have an appointment right after my meeting this morning, I'm feeling thankful. For the first time ever, we have dental insurance and I can get done what needs done without breaking the bank (471).
In spite of the fact that I am a sinner, I'm feeling thankful. My God is a forgiving God and He loves me and wipes the slate clean and claims me as His own (472).
And other things I am thankful for this morning...
473. The "crazy" man screaming outside the house last night when my daughter-in-law was home alone with the children turned out to be, not crazy, but diabetic and off his meds. Police responded to her calls quickly and called medical help for the man.
474. The beauty of the city of Pittsburgh.
475. Smart phones that take the place of phones, computers, cameras, GPS, and more! My mind boggles at how far technology has come in my lifetime.
476. My nana....who was the very best grandmother ever....and taught me how to be a grandmother.
477. Warm, soft pretzels at a the ballpark.
478. Listening to the peepers sing their song late in the evening.
479. The late summer drone of the cicadas.
480. That this is a short week and in three days the husband and I will be bugging out for the last days of summer.