September 21, 2012

Following & Fragging So It Must Be Friday

Limited time today, so jumping right into the Friday memes.....
Photobucket
Courtesy of Hillary & Pam.
This week’s statements:

1. The last time I was on vacation, I went to ___
2. For ___I like to eat___
3. My heart hurts when____________because_______________________.
4. Why must _____________ just to____________________.
My answers:

1. The last time I was on vacation, I went to Chincoteague Island, VA. (We've done some weekend getaways since then, but that was the last real vacation.  We are overdue.)

2. For breakfast I like to eat after I've been up a while and I prefer leftovers to actual breakfast food.

3. My heart hurts when marriages end because one, it hurts more than just the couple and two, I think a lot of people give up too soon and too easily.  Marriage is hard work and you have to put the work into it to get the pay off.  People don't want to do that.

4. Why must we work so hard just to pay taxes the government is going to misspend anyway?

Mommy's Idea
Courtesy of Mrs. 4444.

We've been having absolutely gorgeous weather here...sunny and mild temperatures in the upper 60s to mid 70s.  It's a little breezy today, but perfect football weather if the rain holds off.

I love this time of year.  Even the shorter days.  Actually, that's one of my favorite parts, because it forces everyone inside earlier and we connect more as a family....and heaven knows we need that!  We spend entirely too much time going our own ways.  Megan with her boyfriend or sleeping, Tim working and then working some more on church projects and too exhausted for anything else, and me left to my own devices. It's not a great way to live, as my friend, Beth, shares on her blog.


The visit to my doctor yesterday was interesting.  My blood work came back looking pretty good.  My thyroid is find.  My sugar is fine.  My cholesterol is fine.  Red and white blood cells counts are where they should be.  The only thing that showed up were pretty big deficiencies in vitamins B-12 and D.  So, beginning today I'm taking the biggest over the counter dose available for each.  If my levels aren't up in 3 months then it'll be on to prescription doses.  Why all the worry over B-12 and D?  Both are important for a lot of things, but my doctor is most interested in their benefits to vitality and metabolism.

The other thing we talked about was my ankle, which I've shared has been giving me some trouble.  Well, no blooming wonder!  The x-rays taken last week show a bone spur on the back of my heel where the achilles tendon attaches, another spur on the front of the heel bone where the plantar muscle attaches, a bunch of little spikey things floating around inside the joint, and arthritis.  For now I'm just to keep dosing the pain with ibuprofen and icing it, but down there road it sounds like I will be looking at surgery.

(I totally cannot wait to tell my mom, who thinks being overweight is among the worst things a person can be, that my cholesterol is FINE!!  Her's is not...and she's skinny.  Neener, neener, neener.)

glitter-graphics.com

Can I ask you a question?  How do you handle the division of labor, finances, and the like at your house?  Do you handle everything?  Does he?  Are you happy with your arrangement?  I'm asking because I'm feeling a wee bit grumpy about things around here.  The hubs, undeniably, works very hard.  I can hardly expect him to come home after 12 hours on a construction site and another hour and a half on the road and wash dishes or something.  In fact, when it comes to stuff around the house  I try to make sure Megan and I take care of everything so he doesn't have to.  What's bugging me is his attitude.  He seems to think that his job is to go to work (and maybe do big manly jobs like close the pool for the winter).  End of story.  I am supposed to take care of everything, including paying the bills and have it all work out smoothly.  When it doesn't....then he knows who to blame and get grumpy with.  I would totally quit, but then it would NEVER get done.

Sorry....needed a bit of a vent.


My weekend is going to be pretty much tied up in Bible study.  I am teaching the class this coming Tuesday....the knees are knocking and the knuckles are white.  It's been a long time since I've done any teaching and teaching adults is something I've managed to avoid until now (y'all are some scary people...give me a bunch of teenagers any day).  My teacher and my pastor (and probably a couple of other leaders) seem to believe I'm being called to step it up in leadership.  Oh.  No pressure there!  

Anyway, I'm going to be teaching on suffering.  Why, if he's all-powerful, benevolent and good, does God allow it?  Why do good people suffer?  Does everyone suffer?  What do we gain from suffering?  I've not really studied the subject before so I have to do that before I can teach it to anyone else.


Still volunteering at the GOP office a couple of evenings (or more) a week.  I like to believe it's important to get involved and be part of the solution.  It sure beats sitting around and grousing about everything, but not doing anything to change things.

Well, I have to go find some lunch and then head back to work.  Soooo stinkin' glad it's Friday.  I am beat and looking forward to sleeping in just a little tomorrow morning.  Have a great weekend and stop back to tomorrow for Saturday Share.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your answers to Hilar's... especially #4... and as for your last question/vent.... I finally gave up expecting anyone else to do anything... that way it is easier and I know it is going to get done.. is that the right way to do it??? I doubt it!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I often do leftovers for breakfast!
Great answer for #4!!!
Have a nice weekend Stacy.

retired not tired said...

i used to do leftovers for breakfast especially the desserts. As far as the division of labour keep doing what you are doing until the situation changes. When my husband retired he finally took over the household chores and I let him.

Tracy said...

My husband does a prescription B12 nosespray. Expensive (thank goodness for prescription insurance) but he chose it over shots. But now he is going to have to get an IV with iron. Never heard of that.

Wayne W Smith said...

Division of labor in any household seems like a painful discussion.

Keetha Broyles said...


I too prefer leftovers of REAL food at breakfast.

Division of labor - - - I am very fortunate in that Fisherhubby has never felt that helping at home was beneath his male dignity.

When we have long hours of work, we let the house slide until another day.

FH loves to vacuum, I HATE it - - - so he does that and I do other things like cleaning bathrooms and dusting.

But we've been married a LONG TIME and these patterns took a while to "evolve."

Jocelyn said...

Hope the teaching goes well!! :)

Arlene said...

Marriage is very hard work, and shouldn't be disposable. It's sad that it isn't given the importance it merits.

Government misspending is a tragedy. What will happen when our grandchildren are going out into the work force? Will they work only to pay for our government debts? It's discouraging.

Have a blessed weekend!

Elizabeth said...

Stopping by from Feeling Beachie's Blog.

Old Follower.

Stop by my blog for a giveaway of five e-books if you like.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/09/giveaway-of-five-e-books.html

Beth Zimmerman said...

Amen on the marriages, the taxes, the housework, ... maybe should just shout AMEN! to the whole post! =) Thanks for the linky love!

Hilary said...

I prefer leftovers too - I am not big on breakfast foods..

Stacy said...

Brenda...I agree, much easier to do things myself, but....grrrrr!

Debby...Thank you, I hope you have a nice weekend, too.

Retired not tired...Funny thing, I'm not big on desserts, either. And yes, I will keep on as is...not likely to change any time soon.

Tracy...Nosespray? I am so glad my dr. didn't tell me to use that. I can't handle nosespray. I use stuff that goes under the tongue for 30 seconds before you swallow. No, I haven't heard of getting an iron IV.

Wayne...That it is.

Keetha...You are indeed a lucky woman!

Godsgalinj...Thank you, I appreciate that sooo much!

Arlene...I don't know. Are children are certainly inheriting a mess. Even with better people in Washington it will take years and years to reverse the mess. :/

Elizabeth...Thanks for visiting. Free e-books?? I'm there!

Beth...You're welcome.

Hillary...Eggs are really not appealing first thing in the morning.

Karen and Gerard said...

I've never taught adults either--hope you will enjoy it. Whenever I hear about suffering, I always think of Job. I'm in a Bible Study on that right now--we're using the book "Trusting God in Times of Adversity" by Kay Arthur and Pete DeLacy. It is an inductive Bible study guide.

Stacy said...

Karen...The Bible study I'm in (I'm just teaching a week while the teacher's away) is on Revelation and we're doing it as a Kay Arthur inductive study. Our teacher has gone through the training and trained many others.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...