Gather 'round kiddies....it's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce and the gang!
1. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? The NFL is back in action along with all the college teams. Are you a fan? Who do you root for? If you're not a fan what do you do while the rest of America watches Saturday, Sunday, Monday night, and now Thursday night games?~ I love me some football! I especially love me some Pittsburgh Steeler's football. At the college level I'm a Sooner fan.
2. What's something I'll always find in your closet?
~ A black outfit for funerals.
3. Share one of your earliest memories.
~ Okay, everyone says I'm nuts, but I totally remember being in my crib and crying while seeing someone back out of the room and shut the door. I can't tell you who it was, but I've described the room and my mom says it was the way I described it. She still doesn't think I can remember that, though.
4. What circus act best describes your week so far?
~ Probably the tightrope walker, though I had a stick-my-head-in-the-lion's-mouth moment last night.
5. What's a food you disliked as a child but you love now?
~ Asparagus and/or zucchini.
6. Describe your summer in three words.
~ Hot, boring, local.
7. Where were you on September 11, 2001? Will you do anything special to mark the day this year?
~ I was at home alone...kind of scary when Flight 93 went down less than an hour's drive from here and we didn't know what all was going on or would be happening. Most of the parents around here flew to the schools and pulled their kids out. I thought about it, but decided that if something big did go on they'd probably be safer there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ All the stuff going on in the middle east today is scary and where we once had a strong ally in Israel, that just went out the window today. I swear it seems like Obama is stirring the pot over there on purpose. That is a dangerous game to be playing. I am praying the coming election sends Washington and whoever lands in the White House a strong message.