September 25, 2012

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window

If my mom and her husband don't come home from vacation SOON (it's been 3 weeks today) the doggie is going to be FREE!  We have been keeping their mini schnauzer because part of their trip included Glacier National Park...where pets are welcome, but considered bear bait.

If you know me, you know I love my animals.  Not in a looney-tunes, PETA kind of way....just a normal way.  Gracie (my schnauzer sister), however, drives me nuts.  She is sweet tempered and all, but dumb as a stump.  Her way of coping with anything she doesn't want to cope with is to become a living paperweight. Once she is in the bed, there is NO way you're going to move her unless you get all the way up and pick her up.  Puppy in her face?  She just "freezes" where she's standing and refuses to move no matter what. She just stands there and stares at you when you call her to come inestd.  In all things, I'm pretty sure her theory is "If you want me over there so bad....come and move me there."

Thunderstorms make her lose her mind.

And forget sleeping.  She hogs the bed.  She won't sleep on the floor.  She scratches.  She digs.  She thinks she should sleep on my pillow.  Just to name a few quirks.  Tim has been sleeping on the couch for 3 weeks. I have no where else to go so I am sleeping with the dogs.  I think I got 3 hours of sleep last night.  The worst so far.  I am not happy.  Still trying to finish up my notes for teaching Bible study tonight and then I actually have to teach it.  I hope I make it.  I am whipped.

Stupid dog.

3 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

She wouldn't have made it through that first night here! Bert would NOT surrender his bed space for a dog! In fact ... our animals are not allowed in the bedroom PERIOD!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

We had a schnauzer who was nuts. Schnapps. I remember explaining his name when I was a kid, "It's a German liqueur." So continental.

Hated storms, but slept in the laundry room nonetheless!

Wendy S. said...

I pity you...having another doggie staying at your house can be fun or it can be a nightmare like you're experiencing. Hang in there and just keep telling yourself, "this too shall pass" and occupy yourself with your own dear doggies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...