October 03, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Join in the fun with Joyce and the gang.
1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.
~ Taking our granddaughter to the pumpkin farm this coming Sunday.


2.  Is chivalry dead?  Explain. 
~ No, not completely.  There are still men out there who are gentlemen and treat a woman like a lady....and I don't believe financial status or education have anything to do with it.


3.  On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut.  Which character is your favorite?  Which character is most like you?  (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen)  If you need a description click here .
~ I'm thinking Charlie Brown....just plugging along, trying to do my best.


4.  What's something you're competitive about? 
~ Pretty much everything if I don't keep a lid on it.  I can be VERY competetive.


5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan?  How do you like your popcorn? ~ Love me some popcorn!  With butter and a bit of salt.


6.  When did you first realize the world is small? 
~ When Tim and I got married.  His oldest sister's husband is a Florida native.  She met him when she moved there.  His whole family was born and raised there.  He has one aunt, however, that married a man from Pennsylvania.  That man just happened to be the brother of a man married to a cousin of mine.  What were the odds of the three families all being tied together??


7.  In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?
~ I don't know if you'd call it beautiful but the old Allegheny Co. Prison is way cool.




8.  Insert your own random thought here.

If you get scared half to death twice do you die??? Bhaahahaha!

9 comments:

Tracy said...

I think it is half of the half and then another half so that you just keep hanging on by a thread.

Tara said...

I would have NEVER guessed that was a prison. It is awesome!!

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Have to agree-it is a pretty amazing prison picture.

retired not tired said...

That is an amazing building. I have an uncle who married a girl (my aunt) and their last names were the same. She didn't have to change anything.

Unknown said...

Cool about the popcorn. I will have popcorn for dinner just for that!

Nani said...

I think if you're half-way there and get scared half to death again, it puts you at a quarter left. :)

Stacy said...

Tracy....I'm so tired it took me a while to figure out what the heck you were talking about. LOL

Tara....Isn't it. There are offices and shops it now, I think.

Tammy....I love old architecture. They knew how to "craft" something not just build it back in the day.

Retired...That is pretty neat, too. I love finding the connections to people.

Simone...I will admit I have had popcorn for dinner before. ;)

Nani....I keep telling you guys math is not my friend. LOL

Wendy S. said...

I wish we lived closer so I could go to the pumpkin patch with you! How fun

Debby@Just Breathe said...

LOL!!!
That is a lovely building. They don't build any like they use to.
Amazing story for #6.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...