November 02, 2012

A Check-in & A Count

Good morning to the small handful of you who are still with me!  Getting ready to head out of town today.  I actually thought we'd be getting ready to leave soon, but Tim (big surprise here) had to go in to work for a couple of hours this morning.  He had utility inspections or something and his boss was unable to cover it for him.  I'd cooked up the plan of going with him this morning and then traveling on from his job site, but it was not meant to be.  I have to run a couple of errands once things start opening up for the day so he will be coming back for me.  He thinks he'll be home by 11:00 so we'll head out as soon as we load the truck and he gets cleaned up.  It will get us where we're going about 2-3 hours later than I'd hoped, but what are you going to do?

We are meeting Tim's siblings and their spouses (at least as many of them who can go) for a weekend at Peek 'n' Peak resort.  We are celebrating a brother-in-law's safe return from Afghanistan and three anniversaries.  I see much wine in the forecast!

I'm excited.  It's always good to see everyone and we can really use the break from work and the rest of the craziness that is life.  I'll be back Sunday evening, refreshed and ready to tackle the final two days of the insanity that is the 2012 presidential election, though you probably won't hear from me until Wednesday when it's all over.  I will be making calls in my free time on Monday and Tuesday I am serving as an appointed poll watcher for the Republican party in my county....checking off Reps as they come to vote and making sure there is no monkey business going on.  I am terribly excited about that!  This campaign has reawakened my dormant love of politics (I considered political science as a college major).

Well, I'd best get going and make sure there are enough socks and underwear in the suitcase and all the toothbrushes, razors, and hair products are accounted for.  I am NOT a light packer.  Like a boy scout, I prefer to be prepared for anything and everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One last thing...

It's November! You know what that means!!! 30 Days of Thanks! Please join me and so many others!

Heather Hinson, of Charlotte, NC., one of the founders, says:

Every post doesn't have to be deep or meaningful or fabulous. You're thankful, of course, for family and old friends and laughter but one day I posted that I was grateful for lip gloss. It can be a stretch. But when you've had a tough day and you discipline yourself to sit down and think,"what will I post?" the process makes you happier already.

The 30 Days idea started after Hinson reconnected with a high school pal, Monica Cox of Atlanta. In 2008, Cox posted a grateful thought daily throughout November. The next year, with her second baby due, it was more than Cox could do. So Hinson picked up the flag and began posting thanks on November 1.

See how your life might change by spending the 30 days in November giving thanks for things in your lives--every single day.

Yesterday, I was grateful that the rain was finally coming to an end.
Today, I am grateful that we are financially able to get away for a few days.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hope your weekend with family went well and that you had a great time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...