November 17, 2012

Like the Energizer Bunny....

....the hubs and I just keep going and going.  Twenty-eight years ago today I married my best friend.  He was strong, handsome, romantic....everything I dreamed of.  On that cold, cloudy November day in 1984 life was stretching out endlessly before us (well, it seemed that way to my 20-year-old self) and I could never have imagined all the ups and downs, trials and celebrations we'd face.  But face them, we have.  We have shared the joy of bringing our children into the world and weathered storms that might have brought less committed couples to the breaking point.  It hasn't all been a bed of roses, but it's all been worth it.  Happy Anniversary, Tim.  I love you as much today as that clueless young girl did back in 1984.



3 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Happy anniversary! Here's to another 28 years!!

Stacy said...

Thank you, Kathy!

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

Very sweet. Love the picture. congrats to you! You are a witness to the world for commitment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...