November 15, 2012

Pondering & Spoonbread

Photobucket
Time to join up with Brenda and everyone else who's participating for Pondering with a Purpose.  Each week Brenda posts a prompt and we have our way with it, so to speak.  You never know what you might find....fiction, poems, true-life experiences, photographs....  You really should join in, but even if you don't want to write, click the button to the left and spend some time reading.  It's a lot of fun.

This week's prompt is:  Killing time.


My first thought was "Are you kidding me????"  We've already established here that I'm pretty sure I have  attention deficit disorder, so my attention span for things requiring focus is about the same length as a gnat's eyelash.  Oh, and I might have a teensy-weensy, itty-bitty, hardly worth mentioning problem with procrastination.

My second thought was "Honey, I am THE QUEEN of killing time."  I've already made writing this post take half an hour and it's not even done.

How do I do it, you ask?  You know.....I really don't know.  It's just a gift and comes effortlessly.  Unless, of course, I actually need to kill some time.  Then time will crawl and I will get antsy and have no clue what to do with myself.  But put a task in front of me and the hours melt away effortlessly to the point where I find myself in a stress-filled panic to finish the job.

Facebook, by the way, is the best (worst?) time killer I've found.  Don't tell them I said that, though, okay?  That socially challenged, nerd-boy, genius who created it would probably revoke my account and then what would I do????  Ack!  I'd have to do what I've been supposed to be doing all along.

N-o-oo-ooooooo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now because so many asked yesterday (Okay, maybe 3 or 4 people), here is the recipe for my Nana's corn spoonbread.

1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
2 eggs, beaten
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can cream style corn
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp sugar
Grated parmesan cheese, to taste 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 2-quart casserole with Pam.

In a bowl, combine all the ingredients but the muffin mix.  Stir to mix.  Add muffin mix.  Stir well.
Pour into casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.  Remove.
Sprinkle with cheese.  Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes or until center is firm.

7 comments:

retired not tired said...

Now that I know facebook is a time waster I will avoid it even more.

Judy said...

i will be sure not to tell that nerd boy what you said about his facebook :) Can't wait to try your recipe!

Unknown said...

What a great post!
And I can take days to write a post!
Thanks for pondering with me!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Ooooh, that's corn spoonbread? I can tell I'm going to LOVE that. I think it needs to be added to our Thanksgiving meal! ;-)

LA Botchar said...

Time can definitely get away from me when I am writing a post. Even if I plan a fairly simple, straight-forward one: next thing I know, an hour or more has gone by.

but I don't really considered that wasted time. Not if what I write, a)I enjoy and feel good about, and b) it touches/connects with others.

I just can't get into Facebook. I don't think I'd even care if geek boy revoked my account.

Stacy said...

Retired...But it's so much fun! ;)

Judy...I hope you enjoy it.

Brenda...It's good to be back.

Kathy...It will be served at our Thanksgiving meal. Christmas, too. My kids insist on it.

RoryBore...That is exactly how it goes for me with the writing. I think I like Facebook so much because a lot of our family is on there and also a huge number of my high school classmates. I've even made some good friends I don't know from anywhere else.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...