The days are flying by and it's time once again for the Wednesday Hodgepodge and just to prove the point about the flying time, our gracious hostess, Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond, points out there are just 4...four!!!...more Hodgepodges before Christmas. I believe that is my cue to run screaming into the night. Or I could just answer this week's questions 'cause I know you're all dying to see what wisdom I'll impart. That would be your cue to run screaming into the night.
Here they are, this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge questions:
1. With that being said I think I need to dive right in to some Christmas related questions, don't you? Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow? What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion?
~ I like the look of gift wrap and a bow, but I don't always have the time to do that. Last year every single gift I gave was in a bag. On the receiving end...it is easier to get to the gift when it's in a bag. :) As for the last question, it would imply I have gifts bought. I don't. Can I panic now?
2. What is one item on your Christmas list this year?
~ I can't really think of anything. Tim and I have talked about getting a new TV and making it our gift to ourselves.
3. What makes a home?
~ The people in it and if it's welcoming and comfortable...a place where you feel like you want to stay.
4. Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound? If so, who's your favorite Motown artist and/or song? Here's a list in case you're stuck.
~ I LOVE Motown! I don't know if I can pick one artist or sound. Maybe The Temptations or Martha Reeves and the Vandella's? But then there is The Supremes, Smokey Robinson, the Jackson 5.....
5. Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
~ Probably red, even though I like green better. I consider it a staple because you can pair it with just about any other color.
6. True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what's your favorite dish made with bacon?
~ I like bacon, but I admit I am not a bacon fanatic. I would actually choose sausage over bacon.
7. Share a favorite holiday memory.
~ I don't know how to choose just one specific memory so I'll just say I loved and miss the huge family Christmases of my childhood with all the aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins from BOTH sides of the family. No matter how hard I try, Christmas is not the same as it used to be.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ Sorry to have been absent this past week, but it couldn't be helped. First, there was Thanksgiving, then the news that another classmate and friend had died suddenly....made extra sad by the fact that it was our 30 year high school reunion over the weekend. Not many came out of the 350 or so in the class but it was nice to see those who did. Overshadowing everything was Tim's aunt's failing health. She had suddenly gone into the hospital the week before, the day before Thanksgiving it was decided to put her into hospice care and move her to a nursing home. She died Saturday evening. She had no children or siblings, just a lot of nieces and nephews. One nephew was in charge of everything, but I tried to help as much as I could. The viewings were yesterday and the service today. I am really looking forward to life getting back to "normal."