January 27, 2013

Decisions, Decisions

All this snow and cold has all of us longing for summer vacation...especially since we're going on a real vacation this year.  It's the first time since 2006!  How ridiculously overdue are we?  We are going to the beach...and yes, I know there are beaches other than Assateague Island, VA/MD, but Chincoteague Island is my happy place and that's where the wild ponies are.

Megan has requested a house on the water.  Tim and I are not fans of condos so that limits the choices.  We aren't rich, which limits them more.  And finally, we don't want to be too far away from everything else just to have water in the front/back yard.

This house was our first choice:

Unfortunately, the house booked in the last week for the dates we wanted.  Sigh.  So now I am waiting for information on two other houses.

This one:

Click here for more pics and info.
And this one:

Click for pics and info.
Gorgeous, no?  I can't imagine if the other is booked solid for the summer already that either of these will be available.  So, I'm starting to consider Plan B.  Plan B involves giving up a house on the water and finding one in town.  With Plan B we could walk to everything but the beach and marina.  Plan A would have required driving or biking everywhere.

Plan B has me looking at this house:

Click for pics and info.

And this house (which is the one we stayed in last time):

You know the drill to see more pictures.

No matter how it turns out I am just beyond thankful that we get to go when times are hard for so many.  I'm also thankful that one of Tim's sisters and her husband will be going with us.  It's going to be so much fun....and I am going to soak up every precious drop of sunshine I can to make up for these darn Pennsylvania winters!

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

Looks to me no matter what house you are in - you will have a great time!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...