January 26, 2013

Saturday Share - Jan. 26, 2013

It's another cold, snowy day outside.  Not nearly as snowy as yesterday...which was horrendous in a very special way because knowing it was coming and when it was going to hit, our school administrators went ahead with a normal school day.  I was over 30 minutes late getting in for the day and at that point there were still some buses out with kids on.  It was a very long, white-knuckled, and hair-raising afternoon on the bus.  

Unless I get a phone call saying otherwise, the ladies from church are supposed to be meeting this morning for Bible study.  I'm going to have to think about that.  I love going, but the home we go to is way out in the boonies by a lake, so whatever weather we have is worse out there.

Later today we are heading to the estate auction for Tim's great-aunt.  Her tastes were...eclectic...it will be interesting to see how things go.  I've got my eye on a couple of small things that remind me of her.  My mom is threatening her husband that she's going to buy a sofa that is bright red and sort of looks like it would be at home in a "house of ill-repute."  

Anyway, with 2-hour delays running amok this week and bad weather...web surfing time was a bit light.  I only have a couple of links for you.  Hope you enjoy them.

And from Pinterest:

My mind has been on all things Chincoteague this week as I begin to plan our vacation.  I pinned this awesome picture of author Marguerite Henry with the real Misty, who inspired her books Misty of Chincoteague, Stormy: Misty's Foal, and Sea Star, Orphan of Chincoteague.  Ms. Henry wrote a lot of horse books and being a horsey kind of girl I read them all growing up.  Over and over.  Misty was by far my favorite, though.  I will never forget the pure wonder I felt the moment I discovered Misty and Chincoteague were real.  I would have loved to meet Ms. Henry, but on one of our trips I did get to meet a member of the Bebe family (the original and then final owners of Misty) and see the Bebe farm and even Misty and Stormy (they're stuffed and kept at the farm).

source
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...