It's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce and the gang over at From This Side of the Pond.
~ We were at home. Friends of ours came over as they do most years. Unfortunately, their family is going through a crisis and they had their two young grandchildren and a foster child with them. We don't mind kids, but our friends are beyond stressed right now and not handling them very well so, we were all feeling frazzled by the end of the night. Since it looks like they will probably end up with custody of their grandkids we were thinking it might be time to make different plans next year.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
~ A real vacation! We are planning to head to Chincoteague Island, Virginia at the end of July. Not sure who all will be going. Megan wants to and is hoping to be back together with Cody by then. *Insert parental eyeroll* We've also asked one of Tim's sisters and her husband if they'd like to come. She is the sister Tim has always been closest to and she and I are friends, too, so it would be a lot of fun. We haven't been back to Chincoteague since 2006! This will be the first time we don't have to keep an eye on kids. Woohoo!
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
~ Well, I don't think I'm the same person I was in my 20s or even my 30s, but a different person every year? I don't think so. That would be exhausting. LOL
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
~ I remember the last time emerald green was the color. It was 1986. I'd just had my son and was excited that green was back just as my body was returning. I do own a few things in the shade and will probably add a couple more pieces if they strike my fancy.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
~ It certainly isn't mine, which is peridot....that ugly pale green color. Blech. I tend to like the cool stones....diamond, amethyst, saphire, and my currant fav.....pale blue topaz.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
~ We just saw Parental Guidance this weekend. It was really good....very funny and sweet. It kind of hit a little close to a nerve for us right now, but personal issues aside I'd recommend it.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
~ Whatever it is, YOU CAN DO IT! Just remember it's all about baby steps or eating the elephant one bite at a time.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ I am totally going to do this. I think it's a great idea....and I'm going to use the biggest jar I can find so I have to write LOTS of good things down in order to fill it up by the end of the year.