March 24, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Palm Sunday

It's Palm Sunday and the start of the Christian holy week that culminates next Sunday with the Easter celebration of the empty tomb.  My prayer for you is that you will meet with the Lord this week and reflect on what those long ago events meant...and rejoice in them and in the risen Lord!

Visit the Site


Outside my window...The weak, pale yellow sun of early Spring is struggling to climb past the horizon and break through the thick clouds leading the way for tonight's forecasted snow storm.  A heavy frost coats the world....but the birds sing on, glad for another day.

I am thinking...about today's church council meeting.  As president of the council, I have to run the meeting.

I am thankful for...the willing sacrifice of my Savior.

I am wearing...a t-shirt, flannel sleep pants, and a fleece robe. 

I am remembering...the Sunday mornings of my childhood...Sunday school, church, and big Sunday dinners with the family when we got home.  How did the mothers and grandmothers do it? 

I am going...to trust God to provide financially....for the regular bills, for the trip to Tennessee for Precepts training, for vacation just a week after Precepts.

I am currently reading...The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks  

I am hoping...that the big snow storm heading our way (predictions are for anywhere from 4 inches to close to a foot) takes a turn and misses us or just doesn't happen.  We don't need any more snow days....we're out of make up days in the school calender and snow days make for small pay checks.

On my mind...health concerns.  I have to get the knee I hurt in a fall on the ice last month x-rayed.  It still gives me a little pain and the doctor wants to know if something is wrong or it's just something that needs more time to heal completely.  I also have to see a neurologist next month.  I've been having tingling in my hands and feet.  Vitamin B12 deficiencies can cause it, but my levels are good.  Diabetes can cause it, but my sugar is fine every time I'm tested.  So it is off to see what else could be the cause and one semi-common cause is MS.

Noticing that...if the price of a grocery item isn't going up, it's because the size of the item is going down.  If the size stays the same, the price is going up all the time.  Thank goodness the grocery stores are beginning to respond and putting price locks on thousands of common items.

Pondering these words...Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.  From the house of the Lord we bless you.  The Lord is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.  With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession up to the horns of the altar.  You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you.  Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.  Psalm 118:26-29

In the kitchen...not much of anything as I haven't cooked yet this weekend.

Around the house...it's quiet.  Megan and the dogs are sleeping, Tim and I are on our laptops.

One of my favorite things...a field full of spring lambs running and playing.

A picture...

A favorite picture from last summer's weekend away.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...