June 09, 2013

My Introduction to the Sunday Social

Sunday Social
Saw this meme over on Beth's blog, Masterpiece and we all know I love a good meme.....goes back to high school and those notes my friends and I passed back and forth filled with questions and multiple answers and  maybe the quizzes in Seventeen magazine.  Anyhoo...the meme is courtesy of Ashley, whose blog is new to me.  I am going to be a fan....bless her country music lovin' heart

1.  How did you come up with your blog name?
I had gone through a spiritual drought following a really bad experience in a church.  Closing out my old blog and starting this one was symbolic of the changes I wanted to make and was making.  I wanted it to be a positive place, a reflection of my reawakened faith, the changes in my life and my appreciation of those things...of my desire to be able to look at my life and be content that I lived it well.

2.  What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The people.  I've made some good friends through blogging, some I've met in person and some I may never meet and yet they are among my closest friends.  I also admit that I love the comments and feel sad when a post doesn't get any.  It's like you don't love me!

3.  What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now can't live without?
Facebook.  It's true.  A blogging friend led me to the dark side and I've never looked back.  So many of my classmates from high school are on there and my sorority sisters from college and complete strangers, who are now friends.  And the instant responses are my addiction....so much so that I refer to Facebook as Crackbook.  I have connected with family I otherwise wouldn't be in touch with.  I manage our church's page and one for my blog in addition to my personal page.  I can't imagine life without it!

4.  Facebook or Twitter?  and why?
Uh, I think I just answered that one in the previous question.  Why?  I just don't get Twitter.  I have an account and I tweet my blog posts and something else once in a while, but trying to keep up with what other people are tweeting could be a full time job.  I don't enjoy it.

5.  If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be?
I would absolutely SWOON if Toby Keith read it and left a comment!  It would be pretty cool, too, if one of my favorite authors or a major blogger noticed my little corner of the blogosphere.  Or any of the guys from Duck Dynasty.  Love them.

6.  What is something you want people to know about your blog?
I guess that what you see is what you get.  It's just me sharing what's on my mind, what I find interesting, what God's saying to me....so there really isn't a theme or anything going on and everyone is welcome as long as they aren't rude or threatening.


7 comments:

Daenel T. said...

Duck Dynasty! Yes!
Toby Keith! Yes!

I remember those slam books. I could never do it anonymously, I have very distinctive handwriting.

Twitter has gotten crazy! I used to be able to keep up now I'm lost. But I still use it.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Stacy said...

Daenel...I would not have pegged you for liking Toby or Duck Dynasty. You always seem more sophisticated than camo and beer!

Slam books! That's what they were called. I couldn't remember.

Yes, Twitter is crazy!

Have a great week!

Coffeypot said...

Comment or not, I still loves ya.

Stacy said...

Awww....love you, too, John. :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

I use twitter fairly often but I just don't get the appeal. I think it must appeal more to a younger crowd than us!

I'm glad you enjoyed the meme! I already grabbed next week's questions and put them in a post draft. (Trying to work on my organization skills!)

Unknown said...

I definitely count you as one of my friends, Stacy. Hopefully, we can one day meet. I like that your blog is filled with all kinds of things. I feel like I learn something about you every post. I think I would like to be visited on my blog by my favorite author or authors as well. That would be humbling.

Stacy said...

Beth...girl, you use ALL the social medias trying to grow that blog. I don't know how you do it. Sometimes I think about it and then I know I couldn't do it. It just isn't me. I do this for fun...if it got to be work I'd probably quit. Organization? Yeah, that I do need to work on. Thinking about one of those blog organizers you promote. :)

Simone...You are definitely a friend. Seeing that you came by for a visit absolutely makes my day! I'm glad you like the variety...'cause with my ADD, I doubt I could do anything else. lol A visit from a well-known author would definitely be humbling. I can't even imagine what they'd think of my writing. Yikes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...