1. Summertime is a season of reunions, weddings, and other family celebrations and gatherings...are any of the above on your calendar in the next two months?
~ Nope, not a one....unless you count having one of Tim's sisters and her husband (who live several states away) joining us on our vacation. That's sort of a reunion.
2. June is National Iced Tea Month...are you an iced tea drinker? If so, how do you like yours (sweet, flavored, etc)?
~ I don't drink a lot of it, but when I do it's peach flavored.
3. When were you last nervous? Looking back, was the 'event' actually nerve-worthy?
~ Probably when I got the tests done to analyze my neuropathy. "Nerve-worthy?" Maybe not, but it wasn't exactly fun to have electric jolts fired through my nerves.
4. The bristle toothbrush was invented in China on June 26, 1498...not sure how that date was pinned down so precisely but, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being sick to your stomach and 1 being not at all, how nervous do you feel when you're headed to the dentist? Do you see your dentist twice a year?
~ I used to HATE it. As a kid they had to gas me up with nitrous oxide. I'm a lot calmer these days, but I'm still not crazy about it. I guess maybe I'm about a 3 or 4....maybe with higher spikes depending on what's getting done.
5. What's making news in your town this week?
~ Nothing much in all honesty. I can't think of a thing. That's good, right? Oh...they are doing something with the whole "Birthplace of the Banana Split" thing in time for the Fourth and there are plenty of pre-Fourth activities happening (the Fourth of July is a HUGE deal here).
6. Curtains, drapes, blinds...your window treatment of choice? Are there any bare windows in your house? Is that by choice or because you haven't gotten around to covering them?
~ I don't really have a preference...just whatever I see that I like and looks good. No, no bare windows. I admit I would like to have shutters on some of my windows one day. I've always liked that look.
7. Summertime is officially here (in the Northern hemisphere anyway)...whatone song is a must-have on your summer playlist?
~ Only one??? Oh, you are a tough task master. Um......I guess if I have only one choice it would be.....All Summer Long by Kid Rock. I wanted to put the video in for you, but Kid's blocked all sharing.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ Do you have regrets about how you raised your children? I just finished reading Happy, Happy, Happy by Phil Robertson and have started The Duck Commander Family by Willie & Korie Robertson. Some (emphasis on SOME because those Robertson kids had a very unorthodox upbringing) of the things I'm reading in those, along with some things we've been talking about in Bible study kind of having me wishing for a do-over. I don't think I was a horrible mom, but there are things I think I'd do differently if I could and maybe avoid a lot of the problems we're facing today.