February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's easy to feel thankful today.  After months of snow and cold and dirty, gray, blah-ness....THE SUN IS SHINING AND THE TEMPERATURE IS SUPPOSED TO REACH 60 DEGREES!  It's not going to last for more than a couple of days at this point, but just now, just for today (tho' any day spent on top of the grass is good)....




Other things I'm thankful for this week:

  • Megan seems to be losing that all-encompassing drive to move to Alabama.  She is taking more steps to create a life here and she's realizing her cousin and his fiance aren't going to be able to get a place of their own any time soon and that she can't afford a place without them, especially since there is very little work to be had there.  **It isn't that I want to see her dream die and keep her here under my thumb.  I just want to see her go prepared for success, rather than dismal failure and hard times.
  • Our new bed.  I actually got up without stiffness this morning.  I don't remember the last time that happened.
  • Tim's new truck.  The cost of filling the tank with diesel nearly made me faint the first time (about $100), but he is able to go to work 4 days before he has to fill it again.  The old truck needed filled every day to the tune of around $40 per day!  As for the hefty payments, they're worth it to not have the truck breaking down all the time and worrying about it.
  • Zoloft.  Megan and I are getting along really well this week and I give all the credit to that little blue pill.  Meg's doctor thought it would be good for her and it is, it is!  She is much more pleasant to be around and not so quick to jump on the defensive.  She actually wants to do things with me.
  • My bloggy friends who cheer me up, encourage me, inspire me, and make me laugh.
  • Tim, who has been bending over backward lately to put more effort into our marriage.  As I may have mentioned a time or two....he tends to be a workaholic.  A very serious one. One of my rants hissy fits calm, well thought out discussions must have finally made an impression.
  • Scotty McCreedy made it through another round on American Idol, which means Megan will keep watching with me for at least another week.
  • Caffeine
  • Ibuprofen....a wonder "drug" if ever there was one.
  • The dogs, who let us do stupid things to them, laugh at them hysterically....and then still love us all the way to the tips of their wagging tails.  **Last night Megan tied a helium-filled balloon to the hound's collar.  He's afraid of balloons and spent half an hour trying to run away from it while we laughed till tears ran down our cheeks. (There's probably a special corner in hell for us.)
Have a beautiful, joy filled day my friends....and take time to count your blessings!

1 comment:

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful day. I am thankful for caffeine too.
Glad your daughter is doing good. Zoloft is indeed a wonder drug. I had to take it after the twins were born. It really helped me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...