July 17, 2011

Just When You Thought It Was Safe...

...MONDAY MAYHEM MAKES IT'S TRIUMPHANT RETURN!


Join Us for Monday Mayhem

This meme is dedicated to the people who have trouble finding anything to post about on Mondays.

We'll keep is short and sweet.


1. What is the stupidest thing you heard this weekend?
~ I'm going to work on Monday. (Said by my husband who had to have a kidney stone zapped on Thursday and a stint inserted...and who spent much of today sleeping and still feeling "not good.")

2. Who should know that it is time to move on...walk away....?
~ Anyone ever in a relationship with Charlie Sheen.

3. What's your local forecast for the week?


4. Are you a Potter fan or are you glad to see it ending?
~ Oi!  Don't care one way or the other, but glad it will mean the end of meme questions about it.

5. If you had the opportunity to win a $250 shopping spree, where would it be to and what would you get?
~ I'd totally want it at IKEA, but I don't know what I'd get.  Something totally cool and awesome.

Thanks for playing!


In case you're wondering, my husband, who is alternately known as "Superman" and "Idiot" ended up going to work on Friday. There was a huge snafu that could have meant a delay in turning the building over to the owner (a doctor who already had patients scheduled for this week). He promised to go there, take care of it and come straight back. He did do that, but it was still a 5-hour stretch of time and by the time he got home he could barely walk. He took pain pills and was down for the count.

Friday afternoon I finally signed off on the roof work we had done. Tim's aunt also wrapped up on hers Friday so I got my $50 referral fee for hooking her up with the company that did ours. I used it to take Megan and Cody out to dinner at Red Lobster. We had a good time. Cody loosens up when I'm the only family around and it helps me get to know him better. He is a nice kid.

Set off with my mom bright and early on Saturday to go to the town-wide yard sales in New Alex. I bought a lot of books that will be good for trading with the ladies at work, two older end tables that I'm using beside our bed because they have drawers and shelves and nice big marble tops that you can sit a drink on without worry, and a beautiful nativity set for the church. The woman I bought the nativity set from had paid $200 for it new about two years ago and was asking $100 for it. When I mentioned that I wanted it for a church she dropped the price to $50. How nice of her was that?

Saturday night I took Tim's aunt to church with me (Tim was still in rough shape). What an incredible time it was! During the time when we sing praise songs, the leader shared something that had been going on in his life and it got a little emotional, but when we went into the next song......just.....WOW! The hair on my arms still stands up just thinking about it. God's Presence was a tangible thing. Everyone was so moved and my friend and pastor began moving through the congregation and stopping and praying for each and every person there as well as their families whether they were there or not. Of course she prayed for Tim....and when I got home I found him feeling a good bit better. He said he'd been feeling just as awful as he had but that all of a sudden there'd been an easing of his pain while I'd been gone. Imagine that.

Our son and his family came home on Sunday. We cooked out on the grill and swam in the pool and just hung out together. Tim still wasn't up to par and opted to take a nap while we were in the pool, but he was a little better yet, I think. He even spent some time talking with poor Cody, so now maybe the kid won't think Tim hates him. In fact, Tim flat out said "I like that kid." Matt and Ashlei have given him their seal of approval, too, and that is no small thing. We all went out for ice cream before Matt's family headed back to Pittsburgh.

10 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I'm sorry, I read your post and I got stuck on the word "pool."

Can't comment on anything else.

Sigh, "pool."

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

Glad your husband is doing better. I can't believe he went to work on Friday.
That was so sweet about the nativity set.
I am right there with you about Ikea.

Wendy S. said...

Gotta love the C. Sheen answer. I forget how much I need some snarky humor like yours, Stacy. Perfect for Monday. Oh, Stint's, just that word leaves me shuddering...

Stacy said...

Ellen...come over and jump in!

Rochelle...thanks! I LOVE me some IKEA. We're lucky enough to have a store on the other side of Pittsburgh so I get to go a couple of times a year to drool and dream. :)

Wendy...Glad I can make you smile, though I do try not to be too snarky. Yeah, stints...**shudder**

Anonymous said...

I love your answers...especially number 1 LOL Men I tell ya...can't live with 'em or without 'em. Glad that he is doing better. I take it your weather is going to be rather hot this week. LOL Great video. Have a wonderful Monday

Stacy said...

Thom...Men, you can't live with 'em and you can only bury so many in the backyard. ;P Yep, weather is hot,hot,hot and currently wet,wet,wet. Glad you're back!

I am Harriet said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch...poor hubby. Yest, I think my hubby would have said the same thing. He'd drive me crazy either way.

Thanks for playing!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Oo I'd have fun shopping at IKEA too. Lots of nice stuff.

Sorry about your hubby. Ouch.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I never thought of it that way. But I'm glad it will mean the end of meme questions about it, as well...

Stacy said...

Harriet...It must be the nature of the beast. :/

WhisperingWriter...If I ever win the lottery I am totally redoing the house in early American IKEA. LOL

Bud...We can hope, anyway.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...