July 11, 2011

Monday Musings

Good morning and welcome to Monday!  Please remain seated and keep your arms, legs, and heads inside the ride until it comes to a complete stop Friday evening.

The weekend was supposed to have been quiet, maybe even a little lonely, with just me around.  It turned out a little different, but isn't that always the way with "plans?"

Friday night started out with Tim coming home earlier from work so we could meet friends for dinner.  They are not only our friends, but the wife is our pastor.  We had a good time as we always do.  They are a fun couple and like to laugh as much as I do.  We also had a lot of church stuff to discuss, mostly about the car show that will be held August 6 (please say a prayer for me as I am in charge of it), and it was exciting to see all the the things coming up and the way God is using people in the church.

About an hour after we got home Tim started pacing and acting weird and saying his side hurt.  Another hour passed and we were pretty sure he had a kidney stone (he had one before).  The pain wasn't letting up so it was off to the emergency room where they pumped him full of pain killers and did a CT scan to be sure that's what it was.  It was.  The stone causing the problem is "moderately" sized so it may or may not pass on its own.  They also saw that both of his kidneys are full of gravel so it's likely we'll be doing this again at some point.  They sent Tim home with two prescriptions for pain, one for nausea, and one for a prostate drug that is supposed to relax the tube from the kidney to the bladder so the stone can pass.  So far it hasn't, but he says he can tell it's moving closer to the bladder.  Hopefully, it will pass without "help."

We didn't get home from the ER until 3:00 in the morning.  Just in time for the alarm to go off.  Tim was actually still planning to go to work but I talked him into at least getting a few hours of sleep since he was full to the gills with pain killers.  Still, he left here before 8:00 and worked all day.  No, he didn't feel good.  He just did it anyway.

I didn't get much sleep Friday night, either.  I went back to bed after Tim left for work, but then the dogs wanted out and the phone kept ringing.  At 9:30 I just gave up.  Good thing because one of my sisters-in-law called at 10:00 and invited me to meet with her, another sister, a niece and a family friend for lunch at 11:00.  I was dragging, but I'm glad I went.  A glass of wine, a big iced tea, and a plate of yummy Olive Garden food had me feeling better.  After lunch they all went shopping.  I passed.  Shopping with my in-laws is not one of my favorite things.  I had to get Tim's prescriptions filled anyway.

I went to church by myself Saturday evening, but I didn't mind.  It was a wonderful time of worship that really recharged my batteries.  And I came home to find Tim, Megan and Cody all here for the evening.

Yesterday I was up at 6:00 to get Megan and Cody on the road.  They were heading to Niagara Falls.  Cody is member of the Seneca tribe and has to show up in person once a year.  The Senecas own a hotel and casino there so Cody can get a free room.  Megan called around 1:00 to let us know they made it there okay.  Sigh.  One more bridge crossed that I wasn't ready for....and am not thrilled about, but as Tim says "it is what it is."  It's either love them anyway or lose them.

Tim planned on going to work at 6:00, but barely rolled over to tell the kids goodbye and told me to get him up at 10:00.  At 10:00 he decided he'd stay home and go in around 10:00 or so in the evening and work straight through.  Mostly he took his pain pills and slept all day with spurts of watching TV.  I went out before it got too hot and pulled weeds in the garden and picked the first green beans, zucchini, cucumbers, yellow squash, and banana peppers.  Then someone told me on Facebook where to get fresh local corn so we ventured out to get some and stopped by a grocery store that has incredible meats.  Tim picked out a stuffed pork roast so I made that with the corn and green beans sauteed in olive oil and garlic.  Mm-mmm!  I also snapped all the beans and did several loads of laundry.

Tim ended up not going to work until this morning (if you consider 3:00 morning).  I barely remember him getting up.  I don't think the stone has passed yet and I see he took his pain killers with him.  Stubborn man.

**Are you all able to see the recent comment, recent posts, and my friends bits on the sidebars?  I can't and I'm wondering if it's just me?  I see I have a new follower, but can't find out who you are.  I'm sorry.  Hopefully, I can get this figured out soon.**


Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

Can see it all.

Don't you just love Saturday evening church? I feel it allows for more time for reflection on the music and message!

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

I hope your husband feels better soon. The Olive Garden sounds so good. Maybe I can talk my hubby into going there for dinner tonight.

Stacy Lynn said...

Ellen...I don't know why I can't. I got a notice that Internet Explorer 8 wasn't working with Windows 7 and did an update. The internet is faster now, but still the missing bits.

I do like Saturday evening church except that it doesn't work out for Tim a lot of the time because of his work schedule and right now that's the only service our church has other than the Friday night young adult service...and I think that boat has sailed.

Rochelle...thanks for the good thoughts. He seems to feel a little better, but maybe that's just the drugs talking? Talk the husband into Olive Garden. It's too hot to cook!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I see all of it, Stacy. Did you try refreshing your cache files? Some times that helps when things go wonky!

Praying Tim will feel better soon!

Stacy Lynn said...

Beth...the sidebar stuff came back right after I posted about the Toby tickets this afternoon. It's another sign. LOL ;)

Wendy S. said...

Ohhh, kidney stones....They run in my family along with being crazy and out there and I have to say that when I had them, I felt like I was in labor ten times worse. I know that drinking LOTS of water with lemon squeezed liberally in it (not lemonade though) helped me to not only feel better, but actually helped me pass a stone w/out resorting to surgery.

I think you're doing a great job of finding the small delights, despite, Stacy.

Sending lots of healing blessings to Tim.

And even though I'm not on Blogger, I know that Blogger is once again under the attack of gremlins ; )

Stacy Lynn said...

They apparently run in Tim's family, too. Since this bout hit I've learned a couple of his siblings have had problems. Thanks for the blessings.

And yes, I believe it was gremlins, but it seems to be back to normal. Sheesh.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...