May 19, 2012

Saturday Share

Well, God's working on my patience again this morning.  A friend from work asked to borrow the hubby's masonry drill.  No problem.  She's coming to the Lowe's near us and can stop by and pick it up.  I thought she was coming at 9:00.  It's 10:15 now, so I guess she isn't.  I want to take Hobo Beans to church tonight and needed to run to the store for the ingredients so I could get started.  It's also a work day at the new church and hardly anyone is there.  Tim called asking me to come down.  Grrrr....I can't till the beans are underway and my co-worker shows up because there's a $900 drill sitting on the deck.

I did finally run to the store leaving instructions for my daughter to answer the phone if it rang and give directions to the house if it was my friend.  I've been to the store and back, washed the dishes and have the beans underway....and still no word.  Oh well, I am getting a lot done around here.  Besides what's been mentioned already I've done three loads of laundry, picked up around the house, run the vacuum, showered, and brushed out the dog.

Here's the Saturday Share before I run out of time:

The Purpose of Loneliness just might help you feel differently about those alone times.

Dawn shared all kinds of great links to terrific blogs and writers in her post Celebrate Writers through Random Acts of ... Kindness.

Do you have a prayer need that you'd like extra prayers for?  Angela of Free Spirit Have (and others) commit to pray for requests on Fearless Fridays.

Plate Spinning 101 offers advice about managing your home.

I wish I'd seen How to Help Kids Fight and Make Up years ago.

The Pinterest pin of the week:

Easy Cucumber Sandwiches

And just because you might be interested (it's great for picnics and men LOVE it), here's the recipe for Hobo Beans:

1 lb. sweet sausage
1/2 lb. hot sausage
1 can yellow beans, drained
1 can green beans, drained
1 can butter beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can baked beans
1 can hot chili beans (can use med. or mild if you don't like a lot of spice)
1 can tomato soup
1 can tomato paste
1 cup celery, chopped
1 1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. mustard (spicy brown is good)
1 cup brown sugar

Brown the meat and onions.  Add celery, soup, tomato paste, mustard and brown sugar.  Simmer for 15 minutes.  Pour over bean mixture.  Stir.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour  OR  cook in slow cooker on low for at least 4 hours.

1 comment:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Wouldn't be the same without the beans, would it? LOL!

Did your co-worker ever show up? I HATE when people do that! Erica is renowned for it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...