It's Wednesday again and that means it's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. A big thank you to Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond for putting it together and hosting each week.
1. In what way are you your own worst enemy?
~ Well, I'm the one that does the grocery shopping, so I guess I can't blame anyone else for the junk food in the house.
2. Jacques Cousteau's birthday was Monday, June 11th...ever been scuba diving? Is that something you'd like to try? What's your favorite 'under the sea' creature?
~ No, I've never been scuba diving and I don't plan to ever go scuba diving. I've got that whole I-don't-go-in-the-ocean-past-mid-shin thing going on thanks to my shark phobia. My favorite "under the sea" creature? The kind of tropical fish you'd have in a saltwater aquarium. I love their bright colors.
3. On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in and around the water? (1=not at all, 10=very) Do you know how to swim and if so how and when did you learn?
~ I'd say I'm a 7. I can swim and love to IN A POOL but I'm not big on diving and we already discussed the whole ocean thing. I learned when I was a kid...years of Red Cross lessons.
4. What's something you do to motivate yourself to tick an item off your to-do list?
~ It either has to be something I really want or I'll just let it sit till, like, the day before it absolutely positively has to be done and then I'll work like a fiend. I do my best work under pressure.
5. What makes a good neighbor? Are you a good neighbor?
~ Friendly, but not too friendly unless it's mutually agreed that you've hit it off as friends. Considerate....keep the noise down at night, keep the place semi-presentable, don't let your dog poop in my yard, etc. Helpful when you need them. Me? I guess I do okay. I could be a little friendlier, but I'm definitely considerate.
6. Who loads the dishwasher at your house? Is there a right way and a wrong way?
~ I do and that's fine with me, because there is definitely a right and wrong way. The right way allows you to fit a lot more dishes in so it's full when you run it.
7. You know it's summer when_________________________.
~ You see an old guy in plaid shorts with socks and sandals.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Heard from our son this morning. They had a nice time on their weekend away and loved the Cleveland Zoo. I'm jealous. I've wanted to see that zoo and the one in San Diego since I was a little kid. Sounds like our granddaughter had a ball.
Today is probably his last day with his current employer....still no paycheck. He takes his civil service test for the waterways conservation job tomorrow morning and then has a lunch meeting with the owner and human resources rep of one of the largest auto dealers in the region. Sounds like a job with them is a definite go.