January 09, 2013

The "Always" Sunny Wednesday Hodgepodge

It's time once again for the Wednesday Hodgepodge, where this week Joyce is promising it's always sunny.....Good!  Because it's not sunny all that often over here.



1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close?  Do you  have a plan to make it happen? 
~ That would be our bedroom.  We've lived here for about 18.5 years and we've never done a thing to it.  It is looking pretty bad at this point, which is why, I guess, that we end up piling so much stuff in there.  I would love to see it cleaned out, painted, and redone by the end of the year.


2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
~ I've never had to wear a uniform for a job.


3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'?  This question comes to you courtesy ofBetty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!~ Can't think of one.  I'm pretty good in the kitchen (when I actually cook) so it's been a while.


4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
~ Prayer and just tuning them out.  If they are really, really bad...I will try to stay away from them if I can.


5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree? 
~ Hmmm...there are little bits of me that look like various people, but there isn't anyone I take after strongly.  I've never known my father...maybe I look like him or his family?  As for my kids, my son definitely takes after my side of the family, but as he gets older I think I can see Tim's grandfather in him more and more.  Megan used to look like one of Tim's sisters.  For a while everyone thought she looked like Sandra Bullock.  These days people say she looks a LOT like me.


6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
~ Nah, not really a bath fan.  I'd rather stand under a hot shower.


7.  Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans),Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah),  Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), VeniceCarnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China).  Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?

~ Honestly, even if I was the richest person on the planet I probably wouldn't willingly choose to go to a winter festival.  I hate winter.  If you're going to make me go, I choose whichever one is the warmest locale at the time.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

~ Megan finally got a job!!!  I am doing a non-stop happy dance here.  She's been out of school for 2.5 years now and unemployed for most of it and for all of 2012.  It's a factory job, inspecting plastic medical parts.  The schedule is weird..12 hour shifts, 8pm-8:15am and it jumps around so she works 4-12 hour days per week, but not all together.  From what she tells me that's because the monotony of it would probably make a person go "postal" if they worked too many days in a row.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Yay on the job! Hopefully it will lead to something less monotonous : ) And who knows, maybe she'll love it.

Have fun fixing up your bedroom. That sounds do-able. I will probably be sitting here in 2014 telling everyone my pictures are still disorganized!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I sure hope Megan's job is more pleasant than it sounds!

I love Christmas time festivals but prefer them on warmer evenings. A little nip in the air is appropriate (so I can enjoy a cup of wassail or hot chocolate) but I do not want to be cold!

I tried a whole slew of Pinterest inspired Christmas recipes last month ... most of which were total flops! =)

Stephani Cochran said...

So much of my house needs an overhaul. I'm hoping to get some redecorating done this year after we finish the outside renovation which we are almost done with! ~ Also, thought you might like to know that Toby Keith lives 15-20 minutes from my house. It's right by the river where my husband goes sand bass fishing. In fact the river goes through his land. We've driven by his house many times! Nice to visit here from hodgepodge!

Stacy said...

Joyce...I hope the job gets better in time because with her ADD, my girl doesn't have a good record for sticking with things that bore her. :/

Beth...I made two recipes from Pinterest for Christmas dinner. Green beans & mushrooms baked with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and roasted cheesy-ranch potatoes. Both were big hits, but maybe the potatoes more than the beans.

Stephanie...I have to finish the inside stuff and then we need to do some outside work. After 18+ years the place needs some spiffing up. 15 minutes from Toby's house? Oh my....I'd never get anything done. LOL Thanks for visiting me!

Nani said...

I totally agree with you on #7! Why would someone go out in the ice and snow on purpose??

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looking at the list I'm thinking Rio might be the warmest place.
Hooray for Megan's job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...