March 16, 2013

A Sharin O' the Green

It's a damp, gray morning....the dogs and I are not doing much of anything but cuddling up.  I did go to the hospital this morning to get some blood drawn first thing, because I have a doctor's appointment Monday morning to check on what's happening with my vitamin D levels.  I'm going to ask him about the tingling/numb sensation in my hands and feet, too.  I mentioned having an episode of it last time I was there, but it's been getting worse since then.  Hoping it's nothing serious.

So, it's St. Patrick's Day weekend.  Do you have any plans to celebrate?  What do you do?  We aren't really the bar or beer types so none of that for us....the jury is still out on whether or not I will make corned beef and cabbage after last year's fiasco of spilling an entire crock pot of it in the trunk of my car.  I'm the only one in the house that loves the stuff, having grown up eating it every year.  As far as I can tell, Tim's family gave no notice to being Irish, even though his mom was a Brannigan.  I  don't know a thing about the family's roots or how long they've been in the States.  I was an Andrews, my great-grandparents having come from Belfast and the County Cork.  Had our families stayed in Ireland we probably wouldn't have met or dated.  The Brannigans were Catholic and the Andrews clan was Protestant.

Anyway, to move on to the Saturday Sampler (that's what I've renamed Saturday Share...just because I like it better), I thought I'd share some links in honor of St. Patrick's Day and all things Irish....since everyone's a little bit Irish.

Want to know more about St. Patrick, himself?  Check out what the History Channel has to say.

For info on St. Patrick's Day, check here, here, and here.

Want to make your own corned beef and cabbage?  Here's a very simple recipe.

How about some Irish soda bread to go with it?

Here's all you ever wanted to know about Shamrocks.

Leprechaun lore.

A little Irish dancing....

Traditional Irish song.

Irish jokes.

And of course, the Pinterest pin of the week:

source
Erin go bragh!
(Ireland Forever!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...