March 17, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook - St. Patrick's Day Edition

Click Here to visit the Simple
Woman's Daybook Community
Outside my window...It's kind of a non-weather day.  No wind, no sun, no rain, no snow, no sub-zero temperatures, no unseasonably warm temperatures....nothing.  I can live with that.  LOL

I am thinking...about all the things I really should be doing around here today.  Things that aren't going to get done by themselves or by anyone else.

I am thankful for...a good report from my daughter's medical tests.  We were expecting bad news about her gallbladder or worse, but it seems all her problems stem from her reflux.  The only surprise was that like me, her vitamin D levels are extremely low.

I am wearing...Ugly purple sweat pants and a lilac colored t-shirt with a floral print, both vintage late 80's or early 90's.

I am remembering...long ago visits to my grandparents' home for the weekend.  My family and both of my aunts and their husbands would come and stay and all of us would play these crazy, wild games of Uno till late into the night.  I always got stuck between my dad and my uncle who both slammed me with Draw 4 and SKIP cards so that I would always have a huge hand full of points.

I am going...to Walmart at some point today.  There are prescriptions to pick up and Tim needs some things for his lunches this week.

I am currently reading...Still working on The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.  It's a fascinating look at what life and health care were like for Southern blacks before the civil rights movement.  

I am hoping...that I will be able to swing going to Tennessee for training as a Precepts Ministry teacher in July....the week before our vacation.

On my mind...money.  Sigh.  There never seems to be enough of it this time of the year and this year seems worse.  Every time I walk in the grocery store, pull in at the gas pump, or open a utility bill the price has gone up.  Let me tell you, that whole "hope and change" thing?  Yeah, it's not working for me.

Noticing that...Tim seems to be making a lot more effort to balance work, family and church since his meeting with our pastor's husband and another man/friend from church.  So very, very grateful for that.

Pondering these words...from Psalm 34, Taste and see that the Lord is good.  We're to experience God with all of our senses.

In the kitchen...the usual Sunday pile of dishes needing done and a thawing turkey that had to be removed from the freezer to make room for a much larger one won at a raffle last night.

Around the house...crocus, iris, and lilies are poking their heads above the ground.  Promising that Spring is just around the corner.

One of my favorite things...crawling into a bed freshly made up with clean, cool sheets.

A picture...

My precious granddaughter, who I love dearly and miss so much.


1 comment:

Gina said...

Wonderful post......I'm excited. To have dropped by......I feel you on money... I live in Tennessee:) Would love to have you stop by my blot.....
Gina-walksinlike.blogspot.com:))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...