2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
~ I think compassion is when you take empathy and act on it. It may be innate in some people, but on the whole I think it's learned. I did try to instill it in my kids. They saw it modeled in the home and when I was a youth leader I set up many projects that gave them the opportunity to "put legs on it."
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
~ I like a pretty wide variety of movies. I will admittedly probably choose a comedy (not necessarily romantic) first, but I really like adventure movies like Indiana Jones, National Treasure, and the like. But then my favorite movie of all time is one of the sappiest chick-flicks ever....Dirty Dancing.
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree?
~ I could live without either.
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
~ Appearance. We have a large, beautiful park with trails but the town itself is kind of ugly.
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
~ Have you been following any of the side stories accompanying the Boston bombing news? There are some who are saying that the Saudi national, that "person of interest" that Michelle Obama herself went to see, who never should have had a student visa because he was on a terrorism watch list....they're saying he might be Osama bin Laden's son. Wouldn't that be something? Not a good something, but....something.