April 22, 2013

I Goofed, Thanks for Noticing

I hate it when I screw up.  I hate it worse when someone points it out to me.  That said, I screwed up over the weekend and someone pointed it out to me.  That someone would be my mother, who is apparently on one of her sister-better-than-you kicks, as I call them.  Sigh.

The weekend began in the emergency room and consisted of a husband doped up on Percocet to deal with the pain of 2 kidney stones, a daughter with laryngitis and a severe ear infection, and me feeling like I had the flu on Friday, being okay Saturday, and then not so good again on Sunday.

You'd think with a weekend like that a girl could get some slack from her own mother, but you'd think wrong.  All I heard today was all her complaints about my daughter (my mom pretty much thinks the entire generation is lazy, slovenly, ignorant, selfish, and a bunch of idiots) and how I missed her husband's birthday on Saturday and their anniversary on Sunday.

Crap, crap, C-R-A-P!!!  I will never, ever hear the end of it.

But I will not dwell on the negative.  Let's get on with the counting of blessings.....

51.  A mother who is healthy and not in a nursing home or dependent in any way.

52.  A husband free from pain and able to work today.

53.  A boss who allowed me to have all day Friday off, when I really only needed the morning.

54.  The patience granted by God that helps me hold my tongue when I would strike back.

55.  The tiny purple flowers (some kind of weed, I suppose) that blanket the little hill between our house and the neighbors.

56.  A surprise night out with the "girls."

57.  Beautiful boxes to give as God Boxes to some women I know.  ( Someone on here, I forget who...told me about them.  It's just a box...I decorated these...where you write down the things you give to God and keep them.  It's symbolic and a visual reminder that once something is given to God, it's NEVER taken back.)

58.  Deep, rich green grass.

59.  That the Boston bombers are not on the loose.

60.  The first, fuzzy, yellow dandelions poking above the grass.

















3 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm so sorry, Stacy! I hate days like that! Glad Tim is feeling better! Hope you and Megan are well on the way to healing too! The God boxes sound like an excellent idea!

Unknown said...

I am proud of you for seeing the silver lining in your mom's rants. Also glad that your hubby is now pain free. Hoping your daughter and you are also lots better.

I was talking about the God Boxes. I would love to see your when it is completed. I'm sure they are going to turn out great!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I LOVE my mother dearly, and I know she loves me too, but sometimes I wonder if she LIKES me. I think she's more critical of me than just about anybody. But she's still my mom. So I move on. Or at least, I TRY to move on. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...