The weekend began in the emergency room and consisted of a husband doped up on Percocet to deal with the pain of 2 kidney stones, a daughter with laryngitis and a severe ear infection, and me feeling like I had the flu on Friday, being okay Saturday, and then not so good again on Sunday.
You'd think with a weekend like that a girl could get some slack from her own mother, but you'd think wrong. All I heard today was all her complaints about my daughter (my mom pretty much thinks the entire generation is lazy, slovenly, ignorant, selfish, and a bunch of idiots) and how I missed her husband's birthday on Saturday and their anniversary on Sunday.
Crap, crap, C-R-A-P!!! I will never, ever hear the end of it.
But I will not dwell on the negative. Let's get on with the counting of blessings.....
51. A mother who is healthy and not in a nursing home or dependent in any way.
52. A husband free from pain and able to work today.
53. A boss who allowed me to have all day Friday off, when I really only needed the morning.
54. The patience granted by God that helps me hold my tongue when I would strike back.
55. The tiny purple flowers (some kind of weed, I suppose) that blanket the little hill between our house and the neighbors.
56. A surprise night out with the "girls."
57. Beautiful boxes to give as God Boxes to some women I know. ( Someone on here, I forget who...told me about them. It's just a box...I decorated these...where you write down the things you give to God and keep them. It's symbolic and a visual reminder that once something is given to God, it's NEVER taken back.)
58. Deep, rich green grass.
59. That the Boston bombers are not on the loose.
60. The first, fuzzy, yellow dandelions poking above the grass.