April 28, 2013

Simply Rainy Sunday

Visit the Simple Woman's Site
Outside my window... A gray, breezy day of rain, but the rain is good.  It helps the Earth come back to life after a long, long winter.  Every day I can see more things sprouting and blooming.

I am thinking... the pills the neurologist has me taking are a good thing.  They are an anti-seizure medicine and since I don't have seizures I've been a little wary of them.  They are supposed to help with the "tingling" in my hands and feet.  They do, but what seems to be an unexpected, but welcome bonus side effect is that I feel like I have more energy than I have had in several years and the "brain fog" that plagues me is missing in action!

I am thankful for... a conversation with my son.  We hadn't talked in several months.  I'm very thankful he was open to it.

I am wearing... jeans, a brown t-shirt with a sparkly design in varying shades of brown, and pink flip-flops.

I am remembering... family dinners at my grandparents' home....big, loud, boisterous affairs.  Oh, how I miss those days.

I am going... get a lot done today with Tim and Megan both working, but I'm also going to enjoy myself...maybe watch a movie, pop some popcorn...

I am currently reading... one of the free books I got on my Nook.  It's a fluffy modern romance called Bootscootin'.

I am hoping... for better health for so many family members and friends right now.  It seems everyone is getting slammed.  Hard.

On my mind... my mom and her husband as they travel.  They left this morning for the NRA's national convention in Texas.  They're driving and will be gone for 2 weeks.  They've always taken long road trips, but they are getting older and that adds a little bit of worry.

Noticing that... having a job seems to be improving Megan's attitude with me.  At least a little.  I'll take what I can get.

Pondering these words... "What day is it?" "It's today," squeaked Piglet.  "My favorite day," said Pooh.   Ah, the wisdom to be found in children's stories.

In the kitchen...The counters are clear, the dishwasher is running, only two pots need washing.....and the papers and books I'm using to research a sermon topic.....those cover the table and the island.

Around the house... our friend, Efran, was going to come and clean out the fish pond and set it to rights for the summer, but I'm guessing today's rain will keep him away.

One of my favorite things... I can't do it any more, because Nana is gone and we sold her house years ago, but I used to love sitting on her front porch and watching a thunder storm roll in across the swamp.

A picture...

Our beautiful galaxy....how anyone can doubt God is beyond me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...